Kashmiri Pulao Recipe | Kashmiri Pulao
This kashmiri pulao is not something that I make often I like jeera rice and peas pulao more as those are quick and easy recipe and t his time I made this for a large gathering in DH office where I used 1kg of rice and all the other ingredients are used in that proportion so you can see lot of things but I have mentioned the recipe which can serve 4 to 5 people. You can double up or reduce the ingredients according to your needs.
Kashmiri Pulao or Kashmiri Pulav is aromatic, sweet, mild, colorful pulao unlike any other pulao. Kashmiri pulao is very easy to prepare with lot of variety and fruits variations, dry fruits are added generously in this kashmiri pulao which makes this unique. If you don't like your pulao to be on sweet side then just add less of fruits and fry fruits in this recipe and customize according to your preferences and need. Kashmiri pulao we can eat by self and doesn't really require any side dish or even a raita works great along. But we can pair it with some paneer butter masala or even chole works good or if you prefer some chicken curry on side.
The crowd of various nationals people so I selected this kashmiri pulao as it's mild and not spicy which other than Indians can eat without much trouble and along with it I made my signature dish Chole Masala, I know mixing two different cuisine but when working for unknown and large diverse group we need to think what will people like better and for starters I kept Dhokla.
Everything was super hit specially Kashmiri pulao and dhokla so I am sharing this wonderful as this is festive season friends, family and party at it's peak so you can try this pulao too.
You can make this easy pulao recipe which you can make for lunch box, any party, potluck, get-together, festivals and just to make your day special. Fried onion is used to garnish kashmiri pulao but I have skipped onion, if you wish you can fry onion and garnish it along fruits and dry fruits.
Few other pulao and varity rice recipes you can check
Kashmiri Pulao RecipeMild, sweet and aromatic popular Kashmiri Pulao from Kashmiri Cuisine is unique pulao recipe.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 2 Cups - Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsp - Ghee or Oil
- 1 - Dried Bay Leaf
- 2 inch - Cinamon Stick
- 4 - Cloves
- 1 - Star Anise
- 1 - Small Mace
- 2 - Green Cardamom
- 1 tsp - Caraway Seeds/Shahjeera
- 1 tsp - Fennel Seeds Powder
- 3 1/2 Cups - Water
- To Taste - Salt For Assembley
- 1 tbsp - Ghee or Oil
- 20 - Cashewnuts
- 12 to 15 - Almonds
- 1 tbsp - Raisins
- 1/2 Cup - Green Peas
- 1/2 Cup - Chopped Pineapple
- 1/4 Cup - Pomegranate Seeds
- 3/4 Cup - Small Red Grapes
- Wash and soak rice for 20 to 30 minutes after that drain water and keep aside, meanwhile Chop pineapple, peel and clean pomegranate. In a pan or wok heat ghee or oil add all whole garam masala/spices and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add caraway seeds (shah jeera), roasted fennel powder (saunf powder) and saute for 1 minute.
- Add rice and saute for 3-4 minutes in medium flame.
- Add water, salt mix everything, cover and cook rice until done or trasnfer everything in rice cooker and cook.
- Meanwhile cook peas on stove top or microwave for 2-3 minutes or until peas gets cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan or wok, add cooked peas and saute for 2 minutes with regular stirring, keep aside. In a same pan add almonds, cashews until golden brown, add raisin and saute for 30 secs, drain dry fruits and keep aside.
- Once rice gets cooked fork it with a fork or spatual gently to separte drains, transfer in another large bowl/plate or in same pan or rice cooker add dry fruits along with ghee, sauted peas and mix well (keep side little for garnishing). Add all fruits (keep side little for garnishing) and mix well.
Garnish with remaining dry fruits and fruits and serve.
- You can add fruits of your choice like apple too.
- Use less of fruits and dry fruits if you don't like sweet in rice.
- You can add 1 large fried onion in garnishing.
- You ingredients quantity won't be same as you see in step wise pictures as I made in 3 times more of ingredients.
Aromatic, mild and different pulao.
kashmiri pulao, kashmiri pulav, pualo recipe, kashmiri cuisine, how to make kashmiri pulao, fruit pulao, dry fruit pulao, lunch box recipes, party menu, festival recipe, diwali dinner recipes