Chawli (Lobia) Biryani | Biryani Recipes | Lunch Box Recipes
Lobia Biryani or Chawali Biryani is easy, flavorful biryani recipe made with lobia/chawali/jhurga, simple spices and coconut milk. This lobia biryani is perfect lunch box recipe for adults and kids too, it's filling and with goodness of lobia. This recipe is good if you look for change from usual vegetable biryani, soya chunks biryani etc and this one done in jiffy too just we have to soak the lobia previous night that's all.
If making this for kids then you can add any vegetables of choice too to make this biryani more nutritious and filling. If you just soak lobia then this biryani can be done in no one for a great one pot meal. I added coconut milk which adds wonderful flavor to this biryani if you like you can add water too instead of coconut milk or add half coconut milk half water.
Serve with raita of your choice and/or papad to enjoy a great meal. You can also check other Rice Varieties Recipes and Lobia Recipes here.
- Soya Chunks Biryani
- Kashmiri Pulao
- Tindora Pulao
- Bagara Bhaat | Bagara Pulao
- Soya Chunks Pulao
- Tomato Rice
- Raw Mango Rice
- Carrot Rice
Lobia Biryani | Chawli Biryani RecipeEasy, flavorful biryani with Lobia or Chawali, spices and coconut milk.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||3 to 4|
- Chawli/Lobia- 3/4 Cup
- Basmati Rice - 2 Cups
- Onion - 1 Large
- Tomatoes - 1 Large
- Green Chili - 3
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder - 3/4 tsp
- Coriander Seeds Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut Milk - 2 Cups
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - 1.5 Cups
- Chopped Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp
- Oil/Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Caraway Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cinnamon - 1 inch pieces
- Star Anise - 1
- Green Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Soak lobia/chawli in ample of water for 8 hours or over night. Drain and wash lobia keep aside. Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes, meanwhile slice onion, chop chili, tomatoes, coriander leaves.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil or ghee add cumin, caraway, fennel seeds, whole garam masala and saute until cumin cracks, add ginger-garlic paste and saute until golden brown.
- Add onion, and cook until onion becomes soft. Add lobia and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chilli, coriander, turmeric powders and give a good stir, add tomato and cook for a minute.
- Add rice and gently stir, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, salt, garam masala, coriander leaves and mix well. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Once pressure released gently fork biryani.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.
- You can replace coconut milk with water or use 1:1 of water and coconut milk.
- Don't add too much water or coconut milk use as mention or little less if not rice will get mashed.
Healthy, flavorful biryani.
biryani recipe, lobia biryani recipe,biryani recipe,easy biryani recipe,how to make chawli biryani,jhurga recipes,lobia recipe,lunch box recipes,one pot meal, lunch recipes, lunch menu,