Curry Leaves Chutney | Karuveppilai Chutney Recipe (For Idli, Dosa)
We can make this curry leaves chutney in few method though this is the popular version there's another way of making curry leavse chutney with onion instead of coconut which taste yum too, shall post version some time too. Curry leaves or kadi patta as known in hindi is one of essential ingredients in Indian cooking specially in South Indian cuisine, mostly used for tadka or tempering curry leaves adds flavor to any dish.
Curry Leaves Chutney or karuveppilai chutney is healthy, flavorful accompaniment for idli, dosa, pongal, upma or any other tiffin items. Curry leaves chutney is tasty and very healthy too, if you want to try something new then try this chutney. This is no onion no garlic recipe but you can also add 1 or 2 garlic pods to if you like. You can also do the same with mint leaves just replace curry leaves with mint leaves to have mint chutney.
Curry leave has lot of health benefits like it helps in reduction of hair fall, controls diabetes, controls cholesterol and also helps in better eye sight etc the list is very long to know more about curry leaves benefit do a search. Do try this chutney and let me know how you liked it.
You can also check other Chutney Recipes
- Coconut Coriander Chutney
- Carrot Chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Peanuts Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
- Erra Karram | Red Chutney
- Allam Pachadi | Ginger Chutney
- Garlic Chutney
- Tomato Cilantro Chutney
- Peanut Sesame Chutney
- Coconut Garlic Chutney
Curry Leaves Chutney | Karuveppilai Chutney RecipeHealthy, flavorful curry leaves (karuveppilai) chutney with coconut, perfect accompaniment with idli, dosas.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||2 to 3|
- 1/2 Cup - Curry Leaves (tightly packed)
- 1/4 Cup - Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1 tsp - Oil
- 2 tsp - Urad Dal
- 1 tsp - Tamarind/Imli
- 3 to 4 - Green Chilies
- To Taste - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tps - Urad Dal
- 4 to 6 - Curry Leaves
- In a pan heat 1 tsp oil and roast curry leaves until crisp, keep aside.
- In same pan add urad dal and saute until golden brown, add tamraind saute for 30 secs and keep aside to cool.
- Grind curry leaves, tamarind, urad dal, green chilies, coconut, salt, little water into smooth chutney.
- Prepare tempering heat oil add mustard seeds allow to splutter, add urad dal, curry leaves saute until golden brown and pour over prepared chutney.
Colorful, healthy curry leaves chutney.
Curry leaves chutney recipe, curry leaves chutney,chutney recipe, chutney for idli-dosa,curry leaves coconut chutney recipe,karuveppilai chutney recipe,easy chutney recipe,how to make curry leaves chutney