Goan Prawns Okra Curry | Prawn Curry | Goan Recipes
Goan Prawn Okra Curry or Prawn Okra Curry in Goan style is delicious prawn curry, okra or bhindi adds wonderful taste and flavor to this curry. It's seriously delicious if you haven't tried Goan style prawn curry then you should try it and add okra you going to love it, this curry is spicy and flavorful just wonderful.
I have made few times already this curry as it as becomes one of the favorite at home now specially for my and my brother he simply love this curry. The highlight of this curry is okra and the grounded masala, I love the color of coconut paste so bright and colorful for that you have to use good quality of dry chili and ripe tomato.
Follow everything as mention in this recipe and you get delicious curry to relish. I have used split yellow mustard seeds if you don't have then you can use normal mustard seeds or just ignore it. I can't say enough on how good this curry this so try and let me know how you liked it, you can check other Okra recipes here.
You can also check other Prawns Recipes
- Chettinad Prawn Curry
- Prawn Masala
- Prawn Eggplant Curry
- Kadai Prawn
- Kerala Style Prawn Fry
- Gongura Prawn
- Dry Prawn Lobia Curry
- Prawn Aglio Olio
Goan Prawns Okra Curry RecipeSpicy, flavorful Goan style Prawns and Okra Curry.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 300 gms - Cleaned Prawns
- 200 gms - Okra/Bhindi
- 3 tbsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 2 - Large Onions
- A Sprig - Curry Leaves
- 2 - Green Chilies
- 1/2 - Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- 1/2 - Fresh Pepper Powder
- 3 Cups - Water
- 1/2 tsp - Sugar
- 3 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves To Grind
- 1/2 Cup - Grated Coconut
- 1 - Large Tomato
- 2 tsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp - Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 6 - Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tbsp - Vinegar To Marinate
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- Soak dry red chilli, cumin seeds, vinegar with little water for 10 minutes and grind along others ingredients in 'to grind'.
- Finely chop onion, green chilli, cilantro(coriander leaves), cut both ends of okra and cut in 1" pieces keep aside. Clean prawns well and marinate with turmeric powder, salt and keep aside until required.
- In a wok heat oil add hing, onion, green chilli, curry leaves and saute until onion becomes soft. Add turmeric powder and coriander powder mix well and saute for another minute.
- Once masala gets cooked well, add grounded paste and cook until oil starts to seperate. Add salt & pepper and mix well.
- Once oil starts to float on top add prawns and stir cook for 2 minutes, add water and bring it to good boil.
- Add okra pieces and boil for 2 minutes. Add sugar and adjust salt,spice, vingegar if required. Simmer for 10 minutes in medium to flow flame or until okra and prawns gets cooked. Garnish with cilantro.
Spicy, flavorful prawn okra curry goan style.
Prawn curry recipe,prawn okra curry,goan style prawn okra curry,goan prawns okra curry,spicy goan prawn curry,prawn recipes, prawn curry, okra curry,