Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi | Dahi Bhindi Masala | Okra Recipes
Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi or Shahi Dahi Bhindi Masala is easy and delicious Okra/ladies finger/vendakkai curry made in onion-tomato and yogurt/curd sauce or gravy. This is easy Okra curry (bhindi sabzi) that goes well with steamed rice, simple pulao or roti/paratha. Tangy, rich, creamy and yummy dahi bhindi is real treat to eat.
If you like Okra or bhindi then you should try this easy bhindi curry this is good change from usual bhindi fry or bhindi masala and taste really yummy. Some time back bhindi/okra was so regular at home that every other day I was making bhindi so for a change one day I made this dahi bhindi in Nawabi Hyderabadi style.
I took this photo quite some time back but didn't happen to post it for some unknown reason and now tired after all the Diwali posts though I am cooking some interesting food but not clicking and while browsing my pictures folder I notice this beautiful Dahi bhindi yet to be shared with you guys so here the recipe, hope you will enjoy this as much we did.
Don't think list of ingredients is very long it's just normal ingredients always available in our pantry and I added lot of step by step pictures so you can understand it easily.
You can also check other Bhindi/Okra recipes
Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi Masala RecipeHyderabadi Dahi Bhindi or Shahi Dahi Bhindi is Okra curry in rich, creamy sauce.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 22-25 - Medium Size Okra/Bhindi
- 1 - Large Onion
- 2 - Medium Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1/2 tbsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Kitchen King Masala/Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp - Dry Mango Powder/Amchur
- 1/2 tbsp - Crushed Kasoori Methi
- 1 Cup - Beaten Yogurt/Dahi
- 2 Cups - Water
- To Taste - Salt
- 10 - Whole Cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp - Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 2 - Dry Red Chilies
- 5-6 - Curry Leaves
- Soak cashews in water for 10 minutes and grind with coconut using little water into smooth paste.
- Wash, pat dry and cut both ends of okra, cut okra in 1/2 inch pieces and keep aside.
- Peel and finely chop onion, tomato.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and saute okra until brown, keep aside.
- In a same pan heat 1 tbsp oil, add hing, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add urad dal, curry leaves, red chilli (broken) and saute until golden brown. Add onion, ginger-garlic paste and saute until golden brown.
- Add all masala powder (red chili, turmeric, kitchen king or garam masla, amchur) and mix well. Now add tomato and cook until tomato get slightly mashed.
- Add kasoori methi mix well, cover and cook until tomato gets mashed fully, stir in intervals.
- Add cashew & coconut paste mix and saute for a minute.
- Now add beaten curd, water, salt and mix everything well. Simmer for 2-3 minutes in slow flame.
- Add fried okra (If gravy is very thick add little more water) and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until okra gets cooked. Off flame.
Enjoy the delicious Hyerabadi Dahi Bhindi.
Dahi bhindi recipe,hyderabadi dahi bhindi, okra curry in yogurt sauce, okra curry, hyderbadi bhindi sabzi, bhindi sabzi,okra recipes,bhindi recipes,ladies fingers recipe, vendakkai curry,