Palak Moong Dal | Dal Palak Recipe | Dal Recipes
There are many ways of making palak dal with variety of dals like toor, chana, split green moong or yellow moong and this one is favourite as it's so easy and fast to cook plus taste delicoous yet light on stomach. For kids this dal is very good full of nutirtions and easy digestion.
Palak Moong Dal or Mung Palak Dal is easy, healthy and flavorful dal made with palak (spinach) yellow split moong dal and tempered with simple ingredients to make this delicious dal to pair with rice or roti, paratha. Moong palak dal can be really done in jiffy we just have to pressure cook dal and spinach and then do the tempering that's all the dal is ready in no time, very good way to include spinach in our diet in dal form.
This palak moong dal with pickle and/or papad and you have a satisfying comfort meal ready in jiffy or pair along simple aloo fry, plantain fry, bhindi fry etc for lunch box. I didn't add onion in tadka/tempering but if you wish you can add onion too.
Other Dal Recipes you can check and Palak Recipes
- Beetroot Dal
- Chana Dal Fry
- Chilka Moong Dal Tadka
- Chow Chow Dal
- Gongura Pappu (Dal)
- Hara Moong Dal Fry
- Katte Masoor Dal
- Kheksi | Kantoda Dal
- Lauki Tuvar Dal
- Saayi Dal
- Tindora Dal
- Turai Dal
Palak Moong Dal | Dal Palak RecipeEasy, healthy, flavorful palak moong dal perfect side dish with rice or roti.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||3 to 4|
- 3/4 Cup - Yellow Split Mung Dal
- 4 Cups or one large bunch - Palak/Spinach
- 4 - Green Chilli (or to taste)
- Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- A Pinch - Asafoetida
- 1 tsp - Cumin/Jeera
- 1/2 tbsp - Minced Garlic
- 3-4 - Dry Red Chili
- 1 Medium - Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- To Taste- Salt
- Pluck spinach leaves from stems and wash well, cut tender stems in small pieces if prefered. Meanwhile wash and soak moong dal.
- Pressure cook palak/spinach, moong dal, green chili with 1 to 1.5 cups water for 2 whistles. Once pressure released gently mash dal with back of ladle.
- In a wok or pan heat oil, add asafoetida, cumin seeds and allow to crack. Add garlic and saute until golden brown, add dry red chilli and saute until brown, now add tomato mix and cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric, chili powders and salt mix well cover and cook until tomato gets mashed.
- Add cooked dal and mix well, add water if required. (I didn't add any more water as we like thick dal to eat). Bring it to boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, Off flame
Healthy, easy and flavorful palak moong dal.
palak moong dal recipe, palak dal recipe, palak mung dal recipe,healthy dal recipe,diet dal recipe, diet food,healthy lunch,moong dal,dal palak, moong palak dal