Peerkangai Thol Thogayal | Ridgegourd (Turai) Peel Chutney Recipe (for Idli, Dosa, Rice)
Ridge gourd peel chutney or turai chilka chutney or Peerkangai Thol Thogayal (chutney) is easy thogayal recipe made with ridge gourd peel or skin and other minimal ingredients. Never let your ridge gourd peel go waste and try this easy thovaiyal recipe which works as great side dish with dosa, idli, pongal and steamed rice. Rice this thogayal and ghee is great combination to relish.
I have posted Turai Dal and with the peel I used to make this thogayal. I have used dry red chili but you can also you green chili in this thogayal and skip coconut make it as chutney too. This ridge gourd or peerkangai thogayal is taste yum and stays good for 2-3 days if kept in fridge. If you have hard ridge gourd then you can make this chutney with that too along with skin. So with the ridge gourd or turai make dal and with peel make this chutney.
You can also check other Chutney Recipes
- Bottlegourd Chutney
- Peanut Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
- Coconut Coriander Chutney
- Erra Karam (Red Chutney)
- Allam Pachadi (Ginger Chutney)
- Onion Chutney
Ridge Gourd Peel Chutney | Peerkangai (Turai) Thol Thogayal RecipeThogayal or chutney made with Ridge gourd peel or Turai Chilka and spices.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 2 Cups - Ridgegourd Peel/Peerkangai Thol
- 1/4 Cup - Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp - Oil (Sesame Oil preffered)
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 3 - Dry Red Chilli
- 2 - Garlic Pods (large)
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 tsp - Tamarind
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- Wash well and peel ridge gourd (ridge gourd you can make dal, curry).
- In a pan or wok heat oil add cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add red chili, garlic and saute until light brown, add ridge gourd peel (turai chilka) and saute for 2-3 minutes in medium flame or until peel (peerkangai thol) becomes soft.
- Add coconut and saute for a minute, transfer everything to a plate or bowl and allow to cool.
- Grind into fine paste with tamarind, hing, salt and add 1-2 tbsp water if required.
Easy side with with idli-dosa or rice, paratha.
Peerkangai Thol Thogayal,Ridge gourd peel chutney,Turai Chilka Chutney, ridgegourd peel thogayal recipe,ridgeourd recipe,thogayal recipe, chutney for idli,dosa, sidedish for idli dosa, chutney for rice