Gajar Halwa | Carrot Halwa | Easy Halwa Recipes
It's saves lot of time as we don't have to grate carrots but just puree it. There was a time when my sister would make carrot halwa/gajar halwa for any occasion in this method and it taste delicious. If you haven't tried this puree version of carrot halwa then you have it good plus if you use the red color then it looks so good too.
Carrot Halwa or Gajar Ka Halwa is something that everyone loves I am sure and it's one of the most popular Indian sweet/dessert for any occasion, celebration. Carrot halwa is best winter dessert specially if you get the North Indian variety of red carrots then it's best to make halwa :) This recipe is my sister recipe where carrot is not grated but made puree.
I added less ghee since DH doesn't like if you aree little more ghee then the halwa taste even better. Do not add water while you grind carrot if not your cooking time will be more. This winter try this method of making carrot or gajar halwa and relish.
You can also check other Halwa Recipes
- Sweet Potato Halwa
- Beetroot Halwa
- Sooji Halwa
- Beetroot Sooji Halwa
- Wheat Halwa | Tiruenveli Halwa
- Sooji Seb Halwa
- Lapsi | Broken Wheat Halwa
Carrot Halwa | Gajar Ka Halwa RecipeClassic Indian dessert Carrot Halwa or pudding to make any celebration or day special.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 500 gms - Carrot (or 5 cups chopped)
- 3 or 4 tbsp - Ghee
- 3/4 Cup - Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup - Boiled Milk
- 1/2 Cup - Sugar (or to taste)
- 12 - Cashewnuts
- 8 to 10 - Almonds
- 1 tbsp - Raisins
- 1 tsp - Green Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp - Finely Chopped Pista (optional)
- 2 tbsp - Finely Chopped Dates (optional)
- Wash, peel and chop carrts in chunks, grind into puree in a mixer or blender without adding any water. In a wok heat ghee, add almonds, cashewnuts, raisins and saute until light brown, keep aside add puree carrot.
- Cook in slow to medium flame with continous stirring until halwa starts to become dry. Add boiled milk, condensed milk and mix well until millk dries up. Now add sugar and mix well.
- Once sugar melts cook until halwa dries and carrot puree gets cooked around 8 to 10 mins in slow flame (youc an add more ghee if prefereed or required). Add fried dry fruits, dates (if using) and cook for until 5 minutes or until halwa leaves side of wok/pan and comes together as a mass.
Perfect winter dessert carrot halwa.
carrot halwa recipe,gajar halwa recipe,indian dessert recipe,carrot halwa,party halwa recipe, easy halwa recipe, winter sweets recipe,indian carrot halwa,carrot recipes,halwa recipe, gajar halwa,carrot ka halwa