Sweet Potato Paratha | Shakarkandi Paratha | Indian Bread Recipes
If you haven't tried sweet potato paratha yet then you should it's yum. Mildly sweet, spicy it's great to eat with any side like or curd, pickle or try it with any kheer too. DH like sweet potato paratha and whenever we get batch of sweet potato I divide it into two portions one portion will go into making this paratha and another portion I will make halwa, kheer, tikki etc.
Sweet Potato Paratha or Shakarkand (shakarkandi) paratha is easy and quick paratha made with mashed sweet potato and wheat flour. There are 2 ways of making this paratha one is doing the stuffing and another is this easy method of mixing everything together and then make paratha, a good option during week days. Sweet potato paratha is good option for kids to make their normal paratha more nutritious and also it taste little sweet so they will like it too.
To make this paratha more healthy you can add chopped fenugreek leaves (methi) or even spinach (palak) etc, for kids you can apply ghee or butter instead of oil. Stuffed method is almost same I will try to post that version too some time for but now try this sweet potato paratha for your breakfast, lunch, dinner or lunch box.
You can also check other Indian Breads Recipes
- Kulcha Naan
- Ajwain Mirch Paratha
- Saaga Pyaaz (Spring Onion) Paratha
- Thepla | Masala Roti
- Chawal Ke Parathe
Sweet Potato Paratha RecipeMildly sweet, spicy and delicous paratha made with mashed sweet potato and wheat flour.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 3 Cups - Atta/Wheat Flour
- 2 Cups - Boiled Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder [optional]
- 1/2 tsp - Amchur Powder [optional]
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Ajwain/Carom Seeds
- To Knead - Water
- To Cook - Oil
- Wash and pressure cook 4-5 medium sweet potato for 3 whistles or cook in open pan (with water) until fully cooked, once cooled peel and mash well.
- In a large bowl or plate take flour, mashed sweet potato, ajwain, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, amchur (if using), salt and mix well. Add water in small qunatity and knead to smooth soft dough.
- Divide dough into 10-12 portions and make in to smooth ball and flatten it (peda). Roll in circle (paratha), it should be thick and not thin as roti, repeat same for rest of peda.
- Heat a tawa and place rolled paratha cook in slow to medium flame until bubble start to appears, flip and apply ghee or oil. Flip again and apply oil/ghee and cook both sides until brown patches appears. Cooking should be done in low heat to cook paratha well if not paratha won't be cooked well.
- You can add all the spices with mashed potato and make this as stuffed paratha too.
- You can add chopped methi (fenugreek leaves), palak (spinach) etc along with sweet potato.
- For kids, you can skip chili powder, amchur powder.
Healthy and yum Sweet Potato/Shakarkandi Paratha.
sweet potato paratha,shakarkand paratha, shakarkandi paratha, shakarkandi recipes,sweet potato recipes,paratha recipes,indian breads, flat bread recipes,lunch box recipes,breakfast recipes,parathe recipe, sweet potato parathe