Baby Corn Biryani | Baby Corn Recipes
I made Shahi Chicken along with this biryani, I am going to post that shahi chicken recipe soon too. I have added coconut milk for extra flavor if you wish or don't have coconut milk stock then you can use water or vegetable stock too. You can also add any other vegetables of your choice like peas, beans, carrot etc and if you don't eat baby corn then replace it with any other vegetable following same recipe.
Baby corn Biryani is easy, flavorful and delicious biryani recipe, if you like one pot meal then then you will like this one too. Baby corn flavored with coconut milk made this biryani more yummy with mild flavors. This recipe is also works great for lunch box when you want to make something good yet simple and easy then try this biryani, pair it with raita or just curd for a comfort meal or to make it grand pair it along side dish like paneer butter masala, bagara baingan, kashmiri chicken masala, prawn masala etc.
Try this baby corn biryani in your party menu, get-together, lunch box or any occasion and make it grand. The total time is 1 hour but that also includes soaking time so if you see the actual cooking time is much less.
You can also check other rice recipes
Baby Corn Biryani RecipeFlavorful, easy Baby corn Biryani with coconut milk.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 2 Cups - Basmati Rice
- 14-16 - Baby corn
- 1 - Large Onion
- 2 Cups - Coconut Milk (thin)
- 2-3 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- 1 - Dried Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp - Fennel Seeds (Sanuf)
- 1/4 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp - Caraway Seeds (Shah Jeera)
- 2 - Cloves
- 1 inch - Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- 1.5 Cups - Water To Grind
- 6 - Green Chilies
- 4 - Garlic (small ones)
- 1/2 inch - Ginger Pieces
- 1/2 Cup - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mins, meanwhile peel and finely slice onion. Wash and cut baby corn in bite size or 1/2 inch pieces, peel and slice onion, chop tomato.
- Grind into smooth paste all the ingredients listed under 'To Grind' with 1-2 tbsp water.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil or ghee add bay leaf, cumin, fennel, caraway seeds and allow to splutter. Add onion and saute until soft and light brown.
- Add baby corn pieces and saute in slow to medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until baby corn becomes light brown.
- Add grind paste and saute until oil starts to separate around 3-4 minutes. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, garam masala and mix well. Drain water from soaked rice and add, saute rice for 2 minutes.
- Now add coconut milk, water, salt and mix everything well. Pressure cook for 2 whistles and off flame. Once pressure released gently fork rice.
Flavorful, easy and delicious baby corn biryani.
babycorn biryani recipe,babycorn pulao,babycorn recipes,lunch box recipes, easy biryani recipe,babycorn rice recipe,biryani with coconut milk, babycorn rice recipe,