Carrot Beans Poriyal Recipe | Carrot Beans Stirfry
Normally I make this carrot beans thoran with rasam and this time too with tomato rasam made this easy poriyal for a perfect meal combo. I didn't plan to click poriyal pictures so there's not step by step pictues and later I changed my mind! Perhaps I will try to update the step wise pictures some time while then enjoy this quick recipe.
Carrot Beans Poriyal or also known as thoran, stir fry is one of easy side dish recipe which we can make in jiffy and it goes well with rasam, sambar or even any dal tadka/fry. Among all the poriyal carrot beans poriyal must be the most famous one and we can find the same in almost every hotel serving South Indian Meal, in marriages etc. If you want something easy and quick then this poriyal or stir fry is one of the best option.
You can also check other Poriyal recipes
- Beans Poriyal (Stir fry)
- Beetroot Poriyal (Stir fry)
- Beetroot and Sprouts Stir fry
- Broccoli Stir fry
- Broccoli Carrot Poriyal
- Cluster Beans Poriyal
- Vazhakkai Varuval (Plantain Fry)
Carrot Beans Poriyal RecipeSimple, easy Carrot and Beans Stir fry recipe.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||2 to 3|
- 2 Large - Carrots
- 20 to 22 - Beans
- 1 tsp - Sambar Powder/Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Cup - Grated Coconut
- To Taste - Salt For Tempering
- 2 tsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 1 - Broken Dry Red Chili
- 8 to 10 - Curry Leaves
- Wash, peel and chop carrot in small pieces. Wash beans, cut both ends and chop in small pieces.
- In a wok or pan heat oil add all items listed under 'For Tempering' and allow urad dal to become golden brown, add chopped carrot, beans and mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes in slow to medium flame, add salt, sambar powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp water, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables gets cooked in medium flame, stir in intervals.
- Add grated coconut, mix well and off flame.
- If you don't have sambar powder replace it with 1 tsp red chili powder.
- Do not over cook vegetables and let the veggies retain crunchiness.
- If you don't have coconut in hand you can skip that.
- You can also add one finely chopped onion saute it and then add veggies.
Healthy, easy and simple poriyal.
Carrot beans poriyal recipe, poriyal recipe, carrot beans stirfry recipe, stirfry recipes, south indian side dish recipes,carrot beans thoran recipe