Carrot Beetroot Soup | Easy Soup Recipes
It's been quite some time that I posted any soup recipe and one reason for that is I mostly make what I have already posted in blog but then this another easy and simple recipe I wanted to share with you all. This soup is very quick and taste yum, I have added lemon juice to make it little tangy and chili powder to make it little spicy to suit our taste bud, you can skip one or both if wished.
Carrot Beetroot Soup is another easy, healthy and quick soup that I make and the fact that it looks more like tomato soup (thanks to beets) is just wonderful. I made this soup last week along with Indo-Chinese lunch and needless to say loved the soup, beetroot add wonderful color to this soup as it's does to any soup :) This soup recipe can be modify to suit one needs like adding more beets or any other vegetable of choice too.
Have a big bowl of soup with some toasted bread as lunch or dinner itself or serve as starter it works both ways very well, I have tried both way and personally I like to have soup with some toast for a comfort lunch.
You can also check other Soup Recipes
- Tamatar Shorba (tomato soup)
- Broccoli Soup
- Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Cabbage Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted Corn Capsicum Soup
- Spring Onion and Peas Soup
- Chicken Clear Soup
Carrot Beetroot Soup RecipeSimple and quick carrot, beets soup with hint of lemon.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||5 to 6|
- 3 Cups - Chopped Carrot
- 1/2 Cup - Chopped Beetroot
- 1 small - Dried Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp - Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds [optional]
- 1 tsp - Oil or Butter
- To Taste - Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp - Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chili Powder [optional]
- 5 to 6 Cups - Water or Veg Stock
- Peel, wash and chop carrot, beetroot in chunks. Pressure cook with 1 cup water for 3 whistlers, once pressure released allow it to cool and grind to smoot paste adding little more water if needed. Sieve grinded puree if prefered, I didn't do that.
- Heat oil in a pan add bay leaf, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add garlic and saute until light brown.
- Now add puree, salt & pepper to taste, red chili powder (if using) with 4 to 5 cups water (depends on soup consistency you like) and bring it to boil. Simmer for another 5 to 8 mins in medium to high flame., add lemon juice and off flame(Discard bay leaf before serving).
- Adding lemon juice is option, I added since both beets and carrot are sweet in taste and same goes for red chili powder too.
- If you are adding chili powder then make sure to cook soup well, if not chili powder will taste raw.
- If you are doing to add more of beets than carrot then soup will be sweet.
- You can make this oil-free soup too, in that case add garlic and cumin seeds with carrot, beets to pressure cook.
Healthy, colorful carrot and beetroot soup.
soup recipes, carrot soup recipe,beetroot soup recipe, carrot beetroot soup recipe, beets soup, healthy soup recipe,vegan soup recipe,easy soup,soup indian style.