Mooli Paratha | Punjabi Mooli Ka Paratha Recipe
I make mooli paratha rarely, mostly radish goes in making radish sambar or radish dal or simply I make salad with it. I wanted to post mooli paratha recipe for a long time and I do have another method of mooli paratha pictures too with me but didn't happen to post for some unknown reason. This time I made it for lunch along with cucumber raita and took pictures so I can share the recipe.
Mooli Paratha or mooli ke paratha is one of the popular paratha recipe and made in few ways, I personally make mooli ke parathe in 3-4 different ways and today is one of the most easy method of making this muli paratha. We can mooli paratha either by stuffing method or add everything with flour and make paratha and both ways it taste delicious, I choose the method depending on how much time I have in hand and of course on my mood :)
Stuffed mooli paratha can be made in another way where we cook the radish with spices and then do the stuffing, that version may be I will post some time for now enjoy this easy mooli paratha punjabi way and relish it.
You can also check other Paratha recipes
- Aloo Gobi Paratha
- Ajwain Mirch Paratha
- Spring Onion Paratha
- Sweet Potato Paratha
- Plain Thepla
- Chana Dal Poori
Mooli Paratha RecipeParatha made with radish and spices stuffing.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Yields:||9 to 10|
- For Stuffing
- 2 Large - Radish/Mooli
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 Large - Onion
- 4 to 5 - Green Chilies
- 1/4 Cup - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Powder[optional] For Dough
- 4 Cups - Wheat Flour/Atta
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp - Nigella Seeds/Kalonji
- To Cook Paratha - Oil
- Wash and cop radish head, peel and grate it. In a large bowl or plate add grated radish, salt mix well and keep aside for 15 mins more if required. Every 5 mins squeeze out water from radish and collect in a bowl, squeeze radish as much as possible. Meanwhile finely chop peeled onion, green chilies, coriander leaves.
- Mix onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, cumin powder with radish well. Just make sure there's no water comes when you squeeze radish before adding other ingredients.
- In a large bowl take flour, salt, 1 tbsp oil, carom seeds, nigella seeds (if using) and mix well, add water (which we squeeze out from radish) in small quantity and make smooth pitiable dough. (Add more water other than radish water if needed.)
- Divide dough in to 9 to 10 portions and make smooth balls. Take one ball and flatten it between palms or roll into small roti like in picture below.
- Add 1-2 tbsp radish stuffing, bring all the edges together to seal the ball. Seal the ball well and remove any excess dough from top if required and flatten it again carefully.
- Roll in medium size paratha gently without adding too much pressure. Heat a tawa and place rolled paratha in medium heat, cook until small bubbles starts to appear flip paratha and apply ghee or oil all over. Flip the paratha again and apply ghee or oil, cook each side 30 secs to a min or until both side light brown patches appears. Repeat same for rest of parathas.
- You have to squeeze all the water from radish, keep it for half an hour to a hour if needed to squeeze water well.
- Roll paratha gently if out stuffing will start to come out.
- Once your stuffing is ready, start making paratha if not radish will start to release water.
- Roast parathas with ghee for extra flavor :)
Delicious, mooli paratha with cucumber raita.
mooli ke paratha recipe, mooli paratha recipe, radish paratha recipe, how to make mooli paratha, mooli ke parathe, mooli recipes, radish recipes,muli paratha recipe,paratha recipes, lunch box recipes,