Chana Dal Kheer | Kadalai Paruppu Payasam | Kheer Recipes
This Kadalai Paruppu Payasam or kheer is not only works great as dessert or sweet but also wonderful Naivedyam recipe. If you want to try something different kheer then this chana dal kheer is good option. One of cutting short time is if you are making anything with chana dal like normally when I make chana dal I take out little amount of cooked dal to make this kheer.
Chana Dal Kheer, Kadalai Paruppu Payasam, Senaga Pappu Payasam is all easy kheer made with milk, chana dal and sweeten with jaggery. This is one of easy kheer or payasam recipe which taste delicious, served hot, warm or cold it's yum all the ways. This chana dal kheer is similar to moong dal kheer but of course the taste is different due to the different kind of dals used.
I made this kheer for Naivedyam and we all loved it, it's taste very creamy and delicious and not very sweet ( I used less jaggery) which is just perfect for us. You can adjust jaggery according to suit your needs in this recipe or replace it with condense milk too if preferred.
You can also check other Kheer Recipes
- Apple Rabri
- Bakheer (Gud Chawal Kheer)
- Carrot Kheer
- Dates (Khajoor) Kheer
- Dudhi (Lauki) Kheer
- Moong Dal Kheer
- Poha (Aval) Kheer
- Seviyan | Semiya Payasam
Chana Dal Kheer | Kadalai Paruppu Payasam RecipeChana dal kheer is easy kheer or payasam made with chana dal, milk and jaggery.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Cup - Chana Dal/Split Bengal Gram
- 3/4 Cup - Powdered Jaggery
- 1 Cup - Milk
- 1 tbsp - Sliced Almonds
- 1 tbsp - Chopped Cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp - Ghee
- 1/2 tsp - Cardamom Powder
- Rinse chana dal well and pressure cook with 1.5 cups of water for 4 whistles, if doing it in open pan then cook until dal becomes soft.
- While chana dal is getting cooked, in a pan mix jaggery and 1/4 cup of water cook until the jaggery dissolves completely, let it boil for 2 mins and off flame.
- In another pan heat ghee and roast almons, cashews until light brown, add cooked dal and saute for 2 mins or until aromatic and light brown.
- Add milk and bring it to boil, simmer for 5 mins in medium flame. Keep flame in slow and add jaggery mixture, cardamom powder mix well. Simmer for 2mins and off flame, don't it to boil to avoid milk from getting curdle.
- Add jaggery only after keeping the flame in sim and after that simmer don't let kheer boil.
- Adjust jaggery to suit your needs.
Delicious, easy chana dal kheer.
Chana dal kheer recipe,Kadalai Paruppu Payasam,payasam recipes, kheer recipes,Senaga Pappu Payasam,kadala payasam recipe,sweets,naivedyam recipes,prasad recipes,kheer,payasam,festival recipes