Ripen Mango Dal | Mango Dal Recipe | Dal Recipes
In our home normally ripen mango is eaten with rice and dal, yes that's the combination and you should try it's yum, it's same like people eat mango with curd rice. It's a very humble dal recipe, very straight forward with simple ingredients but it taste delicious and it's better to have the dal same day and don't let it sit as ripen mango will start to change color.
Ripen Mango Dal is easy dal recipe made with ripen mango and season with cumin seeds, garlic, onion for a flavorful dal. Mostly made mango dal is made with raw mango but you have to try this with ripen one's it adds little sour and sweet taste to the dal, it's also one of good way to using ripen mango if they are sour. Since the mango is ripen it's takes almost no time to cook other than the dal cooking time so if you haven't tried yet then do try this dal.
You can do the same with raw mangoes too in that case cook raw mango for longer time, also you can use moong dal instead of toor dal too. Pair it along rice and any simple side dish it's makes a great comfort food, I made this for our weekend lunch along with Lauki/Dudhi sabzi.
You can also check other Mango Recipes - Mango Lassi, Mango Juice, Mango Sago, Mango Delight, Mango Kulfi, Raw Mango Rice, Avakaya (Mango Pickle), Instant Mango Pickle, Mango Sweet Pickle, Mango Tutti Fruit Cake, Aam Ka Achar, Mango and Cucumber Raita.
Try this dal and let me know your reviews, you can also check other Dal Recipes
- Beetroot Dal
- Chana Dal Fry
- Chilka Moong Dal Tadka
- Chow Chow Dal
- Gongura Pappu (Dal)
- Hara Moong Dal Fry
- Katte Masoor Dal
- Kheksi | Kantoda Dal
- Matar (Peas) Ki Dal
- Palak Moong Dal
- Lauki Tuvar Dal
- Saayi Dal
- Tindora Chana Dal
- Tindora Dal
- Turai Dal
Ripen Mango Dal RecipeEasy dal made with ripen mango and tempered with spices.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Cup - Toor Dal/Arhar Dal
- 1 large or 2 Cups - Ripen Mango
- 2 Cups - Water
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- To Taste - Salt For Tadka/Tempering
- 2 tsp - Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- A Pinch - Asafoetida
- 2 tsp - Finely Chopped Garlic
- 4 - Green Chilies
- 1 - Small Onion
- 5 to 6 - Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp - Coriander Leaves
- Soak dal for 10 mins or 30 mins if you like, meanwhile peel and chop mango in medium size pieces (use mango that is little sour). Peel and chop onion, green chilies, coriander leaves. Wash and pressure cook dal with 1 cup water, turmeric powder for 4 whistles.
- Mash dal and add 1 cup water, mango pieces, salt and bring it to boil, keep in slow flame and simmer while we prepare tempering.
- In tadka pan or small pan heat oil or ghee add asafoetida, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add garlic and saute until light brown, add green chili, onion, curry leaves and cook until onion becomes light brown.
- Pour this over dal and give a quick mix, add coriander leaves and simmer for 2 mins, off flame..
- If you have sour ripen mango then this is best recipe to use.
- You can do the same with raw mango, in this case cook mango for longer..
- If you wish add 1 chopped tomato after onion gets brown and cook until mashed for tangy flavor.
Easy, simple and delicious mango dal.
mango dal recipe,ripen mango dal recipe,how to make mango dal,aam ka dal recipe,aam dal,mango toor dal recipe,mango dal side dish for rice,mango recipes,dal reicpes,dal,summer recipes,Mamidikaya pappu,mango pappu,amba dal recipe,