Arbi (Colocassia) Cutlets Recipe | Easy Snacks Recipes
These arbi cutlets are really simple and super delicious what more we need right? For a change I deep fried it normally I always pan-fry cutlets and these ones didn't even observe too much oil which was wonderful of course. But you can shallow fry or pan fry this cutlets too as per your wish. And if making arbi cutlets for vrat or fasting then we need to replace flour, salt and spices with the ingredients suited for fasting.
Arbi Cutlet or Colocassia (Seppankizhangu) Cutlets/tikki/patties whatever we like to call it is easy, delicious and different cutlet recipe made with minimal ingredients and simple spices. If you want to cook arbi or taro in different way then this cutlets are for you, I normally make pumpkin taro curry, or dahi wale arbi and the cutlets are mostly reserved for navratri fasting period but this time I made these cutlet in little different way.
Since Ramadan is starting in 10 days time I thought of posting this recipe now as it's will be useful for Ifaar or Ifaar parties. Try something different and most of the people won't be able to guess what these cutlets are made off with too :)
Other arbi/seppankizhangu recipes you can check Arbi Kumdra Sabzi, Arbi Patta Pakoda, Phalahari Arbi Sabzi. And the drink you see in the background is Mango Iced Tea.
You can also check other snacks or starter recipes.
- Beetroot Cutlet
- Plantain (Kacchcha Kela) Cutlets
- Aloo Tikki
- Sabudana Tikki
- Moong Dal Pakoda (Vada)
- Hara Pyaaz Pakoda (Spring Onion Pakora)
- Onion Pakoda
- Bhaji Pakoda (Vada)
- Maddur Vada
Arbi (Colocassia) Cutlet RecipeArbi or colocassia cutlet is easy, delicious spiced up cutlets.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- Wash arbi well and pressure cook for 3 whistles, once pressure released peel arbi and cut into pieces.
- In a plate or bowl take arbi, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, kitchen king or garam masala, amchur powder, salt, 1 tsp oil, 2 tbsp rice flour and mix everything well mashing arbi pieces.
- Take 1 tbsp (or more if required) rice flour in a small plate, take small amount of arbi mixture and roll in rice flour to coat all sides, now roll between both hands to form a smooth ball and flatten them to tikki to cutlet shape. Do same for rest. (rolling arbi mixture in rice flour helps to form shape as the mixture is sticky and it also give crunchiness to cutlets)
- Heat oil in a wok or deep for shallow frying and place 2 to 3 cutlet pieces fry in medium heat until both sides golden brown, drain and keep in kitchen tissue. Repeat same for rest
- You can add finely chopped onion, green chilies.
- If making this during vrat/fasting then replace rice flour with singara or rajgira atta and remove other ingredients not permitted.
- You can also shallow fry or pan fry these cutlets.
Easy, delicious Arbi Cutlets.
arbi cutlet recipe,colocassia cutlet, arbi recipes,taro cutlets,how to make arbi cutlets,easy snacks recipes,ramadan recipes,arbi tikki,arbi patties,colocassia tikki,SEPPANKIZHANGU cutlet,easy cutlets recipe,