Homemade Almond Milk | How to make Almond Milk
Homemade Almond Milk or how to make almond milk from scratch is easy way to make almond milk at home with step by step pictures and it's also less expensive compare to buying it. Making almond milk is very easy and similar to making coconut milk. This almond milk can be made with peeled almonds or unpeeled almonds too it's our choice. Normally I don't peel almonds and just blend blanched almonds but this time I peel the almonds, so you can do either way you prefer.
Almond milk is good for people specially whom are vegan but if you don't like to drink milk then you can try this almond milk and you will mostly fall in love with this delicious almond milk. We can use almond milk to prepare milkshake, smoothie, dessert, curry etc also. We can also sweetened almond milk while blending with almonds, sugar or jaggery or sweetened after making milk. Consistency of almond milk is similar to diary milk it's just more refreshing and delicious :)
We can blanch almonds in two way one is soaking in water or 4 hours or over night and another is soaking in boiling water for 30 mins, choose which ever method you like, I have done the later while making almond flour, both works great in case you forget to soak almonds then soaking in boiled water is quicker option. See how the almonds looks plump and beautiful after soaking.
The only time consuming task in this whole process of making almond milk is peeling them but the good thing is we can make almond milk with peel or unpeeled almonds it's taste delicious both ways so go ahead and make some almond milk at home easy way.
You can also check other Homemade/DIY Recipes
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Milk
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- How to cut up a Pineapple
- How to set Curd/Yogurt
- How to make Green Bean Sprouts
- How to make Idli-Dosa batter in Mixie
- Malvani Masala
- Kitchen King Masala
- Chai (Tea) Masala
- Dabeli Masala
- Sambar Powder
How to make Almond Milk at homeHomemade almond milk recipe from scratch.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Cup - Almonds/Badam
- 4 Cups - Water for Blending
- 2 Cups - Water for Soaking
- Soak almonds in 2 cups (or more) water for 4 hours or you can also soak over night. Rinse 3-4 times soaked almonds in running water and pat dry. Peel of a small section using nails and then peel rest of almond peel. Or press almonds between thumb and forefinger, the skin will come off easily. Repeat same for rest of almonds.
- In a blender or mixer add peeled almonds, 3 cups water and blend for 2 mins or until smooth.
- Use a strainer/sieve/muslin or cheese cloth to strain milk in a large bowl below. Almond pulp/meal will get collected in the strainer, press with black of wooden or steal spoon to extract remaining milk from pulp.
- Bring back the remaining almond pulp to blender again, add 1 cup water and blend again for 2 mins, again strain the milk using strainer in a different bowl or same bowl we collected milk before if wishes, press down with almond pulp with a spoon to extract all juice.
- Collect leftover almond pulp/meal and store in freeze, you can use this in roti dough, any curry, baking or to make sweets too. Or if you wish use this same as body scrub :)
- You can soak almonds over night or boil over and keep almonds in hot water for 30 mins to blanch them.
- You can also make the milk without peeling almonds.
- Instead of using 3+1 cups of water in 2 times you can blend 4 cups of water with almond at one go too.
- You can use remaining almond pulp or meal to make any sweet, in baking, in roti dough or even use the same as body scrub.
Delicious, easy home made almond milk.
almond milk,homemade almond milk,how to make almond milk at home,easy almond milk,fresh homemade almond milk,step by step almond milk at home