Mixed Vegetables Dal Recipe | Subzi Dal | Dal Recipes
Mixed Vegetables dal or vegetables mixed dal or subzi dal is easy dal made with lots of dals and vegetables variety. This dal recipe is very good if someone in your family doesn't like any party dal or beans and vegetable. Everything get's cooked and mashed that it's difficult for any one to point the ingredient that they don't eat or like. This dal is protein rich by using variety of legumes and vegetables provides other essential vitamins.
I normally do this type of dal when I want something simple yet filling and specially if I don't feel like making any side dish. Have this dal with rice and it makes a complete meal, you can add along some salad, papad if you wish but it works by itself very well as we have added lots of vegetables. I added all the vegetables that I had in hand and you can add whatever that you like or have in your pantry. I didn't click step wise pictures as I was not planning to post this but in the end I change my mind, so the step wise pictures may be will get updated some time.
I specially added pumpkin which doesn't only bring sweetness to dal but also my brother doesn't like pumpkin and rajma and he wouldn't make it this dal had both the ingredient, so next time you know how to feed your family even the vegetables or dal they doesn't like :) I had problem in naming this dal as this is my original recipe whether to call it mixed vegetables dal or vegetables mixed dal as this dal having both variety of dal and vegetables, so call it whatever you like but it the bottom line is this is really good recipe.
You can also check other Dal Recipes
- Ripen Mango Dal
- Beetroot Dal
- Chana Dal Fry
- Chilka Moong Dal Tadka
- Chow Chow Dal
- Gongura Pappu (Dal)
- Hara Moong Dal Fry
- Katte Masoor Dal
- Kheksi | Kantoda Dal
- Matar (Peas) Ki Dal
- Palak Moong Dal
- Lauki Tuvar Dal
- Saayi Dal
- Tindora Chana Dal
- Tindora Dal
- Turai Dal
Vegetables Mixed Dal RecipeMixed dal with loads of vegetables to make this tangy, slightly sweet dal.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Cup - Mixed Dals
- 2 Cups - Mixed Chopped Vegetables
- 1 Medium - Onion
- 1 Medium - Tomato
- 3 - Green Chillies
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp - Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Soak dals for 15 mins or 2-4 hours if you have time. I used equal portions of toor dal, chana dal, whole masoor dal, hara moong dal (green dal), yellow moong dal, lobia and rajma (if using lobia, rajma or chana you have to soak for min of 2 hrs).
- While dals getting soaked prepare the vegetables. I used pumpkin, broad beans, potato, beans, carrot, cauliflower, eggplant. Finely chop all the vegetables, slice onion, chop tomato, green chilies, coriander leaves.
- Wash soaked dals and add in pressure cooked along with all chopped vegetables (except onion, tomato, green chilies, coriander leaves) and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Once pressure released mashed everything well and keep aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan or wok add hing, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and saute until onion becomes light brown.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix well. Add tomato mix and cook until tomato gets mashed.
- Add mashed dal with 2 to 3 cups of water, salt and bring it to boil, now keep flame in medium and simmer for 5 mins. Add lemon juice, coriander leaves mix well and off flame.
- You can any dal variety you like or use only toor dal.
- Same goes for vegetables, add anything that you like, if you are not using pumpkin then you can add 1/2 tsp jaggery powder to bring hint of sweetness.
Delicious dal with goodness of vegetables.
dal recipe,dal varieties,multiple dal recipes,easy dal,mixed dal,mixed vegetables dal recipe,dal with vegetables,vegetables mixed dal, healthy dal recipes,vegan dal recipe,