Salted Cucumber Lassi | Namkeen Kheera Lassi Recipe
I always like refreshing cucumber in beverages and one of my favorite is Cucumber Lemonade which I make the most and this kheera lassi is something that I wanted to post for long time and finally this is happening! This khira lassi is very good specially during hot summer days and not only as beverage but this also works as great appetizer, if you having proper North Indian themed lunch, dinner or party then this namkeen lassi would be great appetizer or even as quick breakfast.
Salted Cucumber Lassi or namkeen kheera (kakdi) lassi is easy, quick lassi recipe with addition of cucumber, mint leaves, coriander leaves (cilantro) and ginger to take humble lassi to all new level. If you like lassi then you will love this one too, salted lassi is good option over sweet version of course we would all agree that and top of that cucumber goodness is just wonderful in this super delicious lassi.
I just can't express how refreshing and cooling this lassi is, you have to try to know what exactly I am talking about :) You can also add chaat masala instead of cumin powder to garnish the drink though I personally like roasted cumin flavor a lot in any salted lassi or buttermilk over chaat masala.
If you wish add some water along with curd and make this salted cucumber buttermilk instead of lassi, the option is yours or try one day as lassi and one day as buttermilk and enjoy goodness of cucumber always. We don't have any escape from hot days here so this kind of drinks is all I want. Hope you like this too and enjoy as much we do.
You can also check other refreshing beverages recipes
- Punjabi Lassi
- Mango Lassi
- Neer Mor (Spiced Buttermilk)
- Strawberry Lassi
- Beetroot Buttermilk
- Jaljeera (Mint Lemonade)
- Cucumber Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Banana Milkshake
- Watermelon Juice
- Mango Iced Tea
Salted Cucumber Lassi RecipeSalted spiced lassi or smoothie with cucumber, perfect summer beverage.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- Peel and chop cucumber and grind together in a blender or mixer with green chili, ginger, coriander leaves, mint leaves and salt for a minute.
- Add curd/yogurt and blend again for a minute. Pour in serving glass and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of cumin powder in each glass.
- Instead of garnishing with cumin powder, you can grind it too or even add chaat masala.
- If you don't have mint leaves and/or coriander leaves, it's still fine you can go ahead and make this lassi.
- Normally I use chilled yogurt/dahi so I don't have to add ice in lassi, you can add ice cubes if needed.
- You can add 1 cup water and make this as cucumber buttermilk instead of lassi.
Quick, refreshing salted cucumber lassi.
salted cucumber lassi recipe,namkeen lassi,namkeen kheera lassi,salted lassi recipe,how to make savory lassi,cucumber mint lassi,cucumber ginger lassi, summer drinks,easy lassi recipe,how to make punjabi lassi,kakdi lassi,namkin khira lassi,lassi calories,