Savory French Toast Recipe | French Toast Recipe | Easy Breakfast Recipes
Savory French Toast or savoury bombay toast as it's also known as it's easy and quick breakfast or snack recipe. If you like sweet french toast then you will like this savory version too, I had few requests to post savory version of french toast bread after I posted Sweet French Toast and I wanted to post this for long time and finally this is happening. You can also call this egg toast or even bread omelette :)
These savory bread toast as so easy with minimal ingredients and we can customize it to suit our needs. This recipe is good for kids snacks or lunch box as this toast taste yum even if cold. Or if you look for something easy and fast during morning rush then it's great breakfast option too pair it along any juice, milkshake or tea/coffee, I made mango milkshake this time with this toasts.
I like french toast and I wanted to post savory version french toast for very long time but whenever I make it will get over in no time that I never manage to take pictures, this time I made this for my lunch and clicked before I ate :) I used brown bread but you can use any type of bread that you like or use french baguette.
We make this in real jiffy if we cook the toast 3 or 4 a time if using large tava like normally I would do, this time I used my pan and cooked one a time but you don't have to do that cook 2, 3 or even 4 toasts same time if you pan or tava size permits and that makes this a cool breakfast under 10 minutes. Let me know how did you like this savory french toast if you try.
You can also check other Sandwich and Toasts Recipes
- Grilled Aloo Masala Sandwich
- Vegetable Cheese Sandwich
- Open Rava Sandwich
- Eggplant Curry Sandwich (leftover magic)
- Street Style Vegetable Sandwich
- Cucumber Sandwich
- Eggless Savory French Toast (Besan Toast)
- Sweet French Toast
Savory French Toast RecipePopular French toast in savory version with eggs, onions and spices.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 - Bread Slices
- 2 - Eggs
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Onion
- 2 - Green Chili
- 1 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp - Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp - Milk
- 1 tsp - Chopped Garlic (optional)
- To Taste - Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp - Butter or 2 tsp Oil
- Finely chop onion, green chili, coriander leaves, garlic (if using). In a large bowl break eggs, add chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, cheese, salt & pepper, garlic and milk and whisk well to combine everything.
- Heat a tava or pan and add 1/2 tbsp of butter or 1 tsp oil, meanwhile dip one bread pieces in egg mixture for 10 sec each side. Use a spoon to spread veggie all over bread piece.
- Place bread pieces on pan or tava (veggie portion facing down) and spread little veggies again will help of spoon. Cook 2 mins or until golden brown in medium to slow heat, flip the bread and cook again for 2 mins or golden brown. If required flip few more times to cook both sides until nice brown and crispy. Repeat same for another piece of bread with remaining butter or oil.
- You can make this in large quantity just add more eggs and veggies and cook 2 to 4 slice at time in large tava.
- You can add finely chopped capsicum and/or grated carrot too.
- You can skip onion and just use lot of cheese with egg and seasoning also.
- Use any type of bread like white, brown, multi-grain or a good french baguette.
Easy, delicious savory french toast.
french toast recipe,savory french toast recipe,how to make savoury french toast,egg toast recipe, easy breakfast recipes,french toast,french toast bread,recipe french toast, cheese french toast recipe,