Sprouts Fried Rice Recipe | Easy Lunch Box Recipes
If you normally make vegetable fried rice then you should try this sprouts version for a change, this is also good for lunch box as even when it's cold this fried rice taste good and what a wonderful way to disguise sprouts and make kids eat it right? :) Even for party or get-together this sprouts fried rice can be a welcome change from the routine recipes. You can also use any variety of sprouts you like and moong dal (green bean) sprouts is healthy which we can easily make at home too.
Sprouts Fried Rice or Moong dal sprouts fried rice is easy, filling, healthy and delicious fried rice recipe. The best thing about this fried rice is we don't need any side dish or even sauce along with this fried rice, try just as it is and there are high changes you will love it. I like this sprouts fried rice without any sauce or ketchup, crunchy sprouts adds good texture and taste to this recipe.
This fried rice can be done in jiffy if we have sprouts in hand, just cook rice and while rice is cooking cut vegetables then just fry it or even use left over rice. You can add any vegetables of your choice and if you don't have any ingredients don't worry just go ahead and make this like I didn't had spring onion but this still taste yum.
You can also check other Indo-Chinese Recipes
- Gobi Manchurian
- Veg Manchurian Gravy
- Veg Fried Rice
- Pineapple Tofu Manchurian
- Gobi 65
- Veg Momos
- Aloo 65
- Veg Spring Rolls
- Veg Fried Noodles
- Veg Hakka Noodles
Moong Sprouts Fried Rice RecipeHealthy, nutritious fried rice with moong dal sprouts and vegetables.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 Cups - Cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup (heaped) - Moong Sprouts
- 1 Medium - Onion
- 3 - Green Chilies
- 1 Small - Carrot
- 1 Medium - Capsicum
- 1/2 Cup - Sliced Cabbage (I didn't use)
- 2 tbsp - Olive Oil
- 1 tsp - Freshly Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp - Freshly Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp - Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp - Freshly Crushed Pepper
- To Taste - Salt
- 4 Stalks - Spring Onion (I didn't use)
- Peel and slice onion, slice capsicum, cabbage (if using), julienne carrot, slice green chilies, finely chop white and green part of spring onion.
- In a wok or pan heat oil add garlic, ginger and saute until they become golden brown. Add onion (spring onion white parts if using), green chilies and saute until onion becomes light brown and soft. Add carrot saute for a min, now add capsicum, cabbage (if using) and saute for another min in high flame. Add sprouts and cook for 2 mins with regular stirring.
- Add salt, pepper and mix well, now add rice, soy sauce and mix gently to combine everything well, you can toss the wok if you know how to do it. Cook for 2 mins, add spring onion green part, mix well and off flame.
- You can add any other vegetables of your choice like beans, peas, corn etc, just cut all the vegetables thin so they gets cooked fast.
- You can use left over rice or cook rice (for 1 cup rice 1 3/4 cups water) and spread in a large plate for rice to cool down. You can also add 1 tsp of oil in rice to separate them.
- You can use any rice variety and also any other sprouts variety.
- The whole cooking is done on high flame to retain vegetables crispiness, so you have to be doing this making of fried rice other than doing multiple things.
- You can check here how to make sprouts at home.
Yummy, healthy sprouts fried rice.
sprouts fried rice recipe,green bean sprouts fried rice,moong sprouts fried rice recipe,how to make sprouts fried rice,chinese fried rice recipe,recipes fried rice,sprouts recipes,how to use sprouts,lunch box recipes,easy indo-chinese recipes,rice variety