Beetroot Pulao Recipe | Beetroot Pulav | Lunch Box Recpes
I love beetroot and that's not a secret here as I have posted ample of beetroot recipes and I always have beetroot stock with me, yes always :) and I make this pulao whenever I want to finish cooked fast without much hassle. I have taken this pulao pictures so many times and recently during the capsicum raita but since I lost the pictures I couldn't post this recipe before. I made this again a week back for weekend lunch and clicked pictures again hoping this time it will make it to blog :) and finally it's happening.
Beetroot Pulao or beetroot rice also we can call this is easy one pot meal which can make in jiffy and also do lot of variations with it. Beetroot pulao makes excellent lunch box recipe or even perfect comfort meal for weekend. Whether you like beetroot or not you will like this recipe as it's slightly sweet, spicy and flavorful with all the garam masala we used. We can also use coconut milk for extra flavors.
I have used capsicum instead of peas and it taste yum too so you can try that, or you can also add other vegetables like potato, cauliflower, beans etc to make it more nutritious and wholesome specially for kids. I pair this raita along variety of raita like capsicum raita, onion-tomato raita, cucumber raita and this time I paired along carrot raita, which recipe I will post soon. Meanwhile enjoy this delicious pulao.
You can also check other beetroot recipes here.
- Beetroot Raita
- Beetroot Buttermilk
- Beetroot Carrot Soup
- Beetroot Cutlet
- Beetroot Halwa
- Beetroot Sooji Halwa
- Beetroot Masala
- Beetroot Poriyal (Stir fry)
- Beetroot Pachadi
- Beetroot Dal
- Beetroot Sprouts Stir Fry
- Beetroot Pesto Braided Bread
- Roasted Beetroot Pesto Pasta
Beetroot Pulao RecipeOne pot meal vegan beetroot pulao with peas and spices
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 2 Cups - Basmati Rice
- 1 Large - Beetroot (or 2 cups chopped)
- 1 Large - Onion
- 3 - Green Chilies
- 1/2 Cup - Green Peas (I used frozen)
- 2 tsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Garam Masala or Kitchen King
- 3 1/2 Cups - Water or Coconut Milk
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves For Tempering or Tadka
- 2 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- 2 - Dried Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Carom Powder (optional)
- 1 - Black Cardamom
- 1 - Crushed Green Cardamom
- 3 - Cloves
- 1 small pieces - Mace/Javitri
- Soak rice for 30 mins or until needed, rinse 3-4 times in fresh water and keep aside. Meanwhile peel and chop beetroot in small pieces, peel and slice onion, chop green chili, coriander leaves and keep peas outside if using frozen.
- Heat oil (ghee if using) in a pressure cooker add all the items listed under 'For Tempering' and allow cumin seeds to splutter. Add onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and saute until onion becomes golden brown.
- Add beetroot and saute for 2-3 mins in medium flame. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well, cook for another minute. Add peas and saute for 2 mins.
- Add rice mix gently and saute for 2-3 minutes in medium flame, stir in intervals. Add water, salt, coriander leaves and mix. Close cooker and cook for 2 whistles. Once pressure released gently fork rice.
- You can replace water with coconut milk or use half water, half coconut milk.
- I also add capsicum with peas or just add capsicum it bring nice flavors, you can try that.
- If you don't eat too much of garam masala, you can skip the whole garam masala and just use bay leaf, cumin seeds.
Delicious, one pot meal beetroot pulao.
beetroot pulao recipe, beetroot rice, pualo recipe, pulao recipe, easy pulao, how to make beetroot pulao, lunch box recipes, how to make beetroot rice, healthy rice recipes, beetroot recipes