Mixed Vegetable Kurma (Korma) without Coconut | Hotel Style Veg Kurma
Vegetable Kurma or Vegetable Korma, hotel style mixed vegetable kurma in pressure cooker is creamy, aromatic, popular South Indian spiced curry or side dish with parotta, poori chapathi or even with idli, dosa, idiyapaam, appam, variety rice it gets pair along so well. This kurma is hotel style kurma only difference is I didn't used coconut in this version so if you don't have coconut stock and still want to make some kurma now you know what to do.
I personally like this with parotta than idli or dosa. It's difficult to find good kurma these days and in North Chennai there is one small cafe call Ratna Hotel which used to serve best kurma as side dish with parotta, it's still serve the same and the kurma does taste delicious but not like before. The hotel is there for more than 2 decades now and we are royal customer from the item it opened :) We can also make this kurma in open pan instead of pressure cooker, it will only take longer time to cook that's all. Mildly spiced and aromatic with all the garam masala this kurma is real treat and if you eat one time you will fall in love with this one.
I mostly make this with parotta, paratha or dosa specially for dinner, this mix veg kurma also happens to be one of the dish that I have take pictures many times but they never made it to blog, until this time I made this for a weekend lunch along with plain paratha, pulao and decided it's time I should share something which we all love. This is also very good recipe for Iftari, party, get-together as it's simple, quick but taste absolute delicious and all most all love this
You can also check other Side Dish Recipes
Vegetable Kurma without Coconut RecipePopular South Indian Vegetable Kurma (korma) made without using coconut.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1/2 Cup - Dried Peas or Frozen Peas
- 1 Large - Onion
- 1 Large - Potato
- 1 Large - Carrot
- 12 - Beans
- 1/2 Cup - Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Large - Tomato
- 3 - Green Chilies
- 1 Sprig - Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Cups - Water
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves To Temper
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch - Cinnamon
- 1 - Bay Leaf
- 2 - Cloves
- 1 - Green Cardamom To Grind
- 10 - Cashew nuts
- 1/2 tbsp - White Sesame Seeds
- 1 - Cloves
- 1 - Green Cardamom
- 1 inch - Cinnamon
- 1 tsp - Poppy Seeds (I didn't use)
- 1 tsp - Roasted Gram Dal/Pottukadalai
- 1/2 tsp - Fennel Seeds
- If using dried peas then soak for 4 hours or over night with ample water, rinse 2-3 times in fresh water and keep aside. Soak all the items 'To Grind' with 2 tbsp water for 10 mins or until required, grind into smooth paste. (roasted gram not in pic as I forgot to add while talking picture)
- Peel and dice potato, carrot, peel and slice onion, cut beans in 1 inch piece, chop tomato, coriander leaves and green chili. Cut cauliflower in medium size florets.
- In a pressure cook heat oil add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds allow to splutter. Add onion, green chilies, curry leaves and saute until onion becomes light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for another 1 min, add potato, beans, carrot and saute for a minute.
- Add masala paste with red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder mix well and saute for 2 mins in medium flame. Now add peas, cauliflower, tomato and mix well, cook for 2 minutes stirring.
- Add water, salt mix and pressure cook for 2 whistles, off flame. Once pressure released add coriander leaves and give gentle stir.
- You can use fresh, frozen peas or dried peas just soak for minimum of 2 hours before using.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice, just don't pressure cook for long to mash vegetables.
- If you don't have poppy seeds, it's fine.
- Use only 1 tsp Roasted Gram Dal (Pottukadalai), if you use more kurma taste will change.
Delicious Veg Kurma (korma) works side dish with many things.
vegetable kurma recipe,veg kurma recipe, vegetable korma,kurma recipe,how to make kurma,kurma without coconut,kurma for parotta,chapati kurma,hotel style vegetable kurma,vegetable korma recipe,vegetable curry, vegetable kurma curry,tamil kurma,Hotel Style Chappati Kurma, South Indian Vegetable Kurma,Mixed Vegetable Kurma