Plain Paratha | How to make Triangle Paratha | Paratha Recipe
In my parent's home paratha is made in triangle shape but my MIL likes in square shape so now I make mostly paratha if not stuffed in square shape and which I have already shown how to make good square paratha in my mirch ajwain paratha post. After numerous request I am finally managing to post how to make good triangle paratha with folding technique with easy steps for your better understanding. This plain paratha used to be our regular lunch box during schooling days and for breakfast or dinner also one of the preferred paratha along with ajwain paratha. I made this along mixed vegetable kurma.
Plain Paratha or plain triangle paratha is most popular and common paratha in North India made very frequently at least in parent's and in-law home this is the story. If not roti then it will be plain paratha or ajwain paratha, and as plain paratha get's pair along any side dish whether it's veg or non-veg and also you can serve with pickle or even tea if in hurry it's USP of these plain paratha. We can make plain parathas in any shape like round, triangle or square.
In our home a paratha is consider good only if it's having layers and specially DH is very particular about it if any day plain or ajwain paratha is not having layers for him to remove each layer he won't be happy and now to get good layered paratha? It's very easy just before you make a fold whether it's triangle or square paratha brush the paratha with oil or ghee and sprinkle flour all over. If you do this properly one doesn't even have to peel the layer will be starts to separate while cooking itself, in below picture I showed the layers I got in this paratha so you know what I am talking about :) If further doubts do ask me.
You can also check other Paratha recipes
- Aloo Gobi Paratha
- Ajwain Mirch Paratha
- Spring Onion Paratha
- Sweet Potato Paratha
- Plain Thepla
- Methi Thepla
- Mooli Paratha
- Paneer Kulcha
- Chana Dal Poori
Plain (Triangle) Paratha RecipeMost popular and common plain paratha made in triangle shape.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Yields:||6 to 8|
- 2 Cups - Wheat Flour/Atta + For Dusting
- 1 tbsp + For Cooking - Oil/Ghee
- 1/2 tps or to taste - Salt
- 1 Cup or as needed - Water
- In a large bowl take flour, salt, 1 tbsp oil or ghee and mix well to combine. Add water in small quantity and make soft pitiable dough you can keep aside the dough for 30 mins to 2 hours before making paratha too. Divide dough in to 6 to 8 equal portions.
- Shape into smooth balls, flatten them and dust with flour and roll into roti. Apply oil or ghee all over roti and sprinkle little flour, fold into half apply oil, sprikle flour, fold again into half to form triangle shape. If you want your paratha to have layers then apply oil or ghee nicely all over and sprinkle flour, if not you won't get layers.
- Dust with flour and roll keep the triangle shape intact, always roll on the edges and not on center. If you roll on center of paratha it will become thin and the edges will remain thick resulting in uncook or undercook paratha on edges.
- Heat a tawa or griller and place rolled paratha, cook in medium flame for around 1 min or until bubbles starts to appear (if you have make good dough and rolled them properly it will puff up nicely as shown in below picture), flip and apply all over oil/ghee or butter, flip again and apply oil/ghee again. Cook for 30 secs to 1 min or until light brown patches, flip and cook again light patches appears. Repeat same for rest of dough.
- You can make the dough, cover with a damp or dry cloth and keep aside upto 2 to 3 hours before making paratha, it helps to yield soft paratha.
- It's important to brush paratha with oil/ghee and dry flour each time you make a fold to have layers which can be separated very easily.
- Cook paratha in medium heat, properly rolled paratha will puff up each time, it will comes with practice so won't worry about that.
Popular, easy paratha to serve along any side dish of choice. Here I served with mixed vegetable kurma.
plain paratha recipe,triangle paratha,how to make plain paratha,how to make triangle paratha,sadha paratha, punjabi plain paratha recipe,Paranthas, how to fold paratha, folding technique for triangle paratha,lunch box recipes,