Carrot Raita | Gajar Raita | Easy Raita Recipes
Carrot adds crunch plus lovely pink color to this raita along with little sweetness, we can use slightly sour yogurt or add 1 tsp lemon juice to balance sweetness too. One pot meal like pulao or briyani and simple raita is great weekend lunch option which I do most of the time. Made this along beetroot pulao for a Saturday lunch couple of weeks back and relish it. You can also check other carrot recipes like carrot beetroot soup, carrot beans poriyal (stir fry), carrot halwa, carrot chutney, carrot kheer, carrot rice, carrot ginger soup, carrot broccoli stir fry.
Carrot Raita or Gajar Raita is easy raita recipe made with few ingredients easily available in our pantry. Carrot raita is slightly few raita with carrot crunch and it's gets paired along any paratha or variety rice, pulao well. Like most of the raitas we can also customize this carrot or gajar raita to make it more interesting like adding chopped onion, tomato, capsicum, cucumber etc which makes simple raita more crunchy and filling.
You can also check other Raita Recipes
- Bhindi Raita
- Beetroot Pachadi
- Beetroot Raita
- Capsicum Raita
- Cucumber Raita
- Onion Tomato Raita
- Lauki (Dudhi) Raita
- Broccoli Raita
- Aloo Raita
- Cucumber Raw Mango Raita
Carrot (Gajar) Raita RecipeEasy, refreshing Carrot raita with grated carrot and spice.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Cup - Fresh Yogurt/Curd/Dahi
- 1 Medium - Carrot (or 3/4 cup grated)
- 2 - Green Chilies
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves For Tempering or Tadka
- 1 tsp - Oil or Ghee
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Urad Dal
- 5 to 6 - Curry Leaves
- 1 - Broken Dry Red Chili
- 1/2 tsp - Grated Ginger (optional)
- Peel, wash and grate carrot, finely chop green chili, coriander leaves. In a bowl beat curd well, add carrot, chili, salt and mix well.
- In tadka or small pan add all the items listed under 'For Tempering' and allow cumin, mustard seeds seeds to splutter, urad dal to become light brown, off flame.
- Pour tadka/tempering over raita and give a gentle mix, serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- You can also add 1 small finely chopped onion for crunch.
- Use fresh curd and not too sour curd to make raita.
- You can also add 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
Quick, easy Carrot (gajar) raita.
raita recipe, carrot raita, gajar raita,how to make raita,easy raita recipe,raita for festival,carrot recipes, yogurt dip,gajar ka raita,carrot raitha,