Murungai Keerai Poriyal | Drumstick Leaves Poriyal Recipe
Murunagai keerai or drumstick leaves is something that taste I developed couple of years back, like most of the kids I didn't use to like this keeria too as it's taste little bitter but now everyone at home simply adore this and I make poriyal rare as in Chhattisgarhi style I make more of Sahjan Bhaji Toor Dal Sabzi (Drumstick Leaves Bhaji) or also I make Drumstick leves adai a lot.
Murunagai Keerai Poriyal or drumstick leaves stir fry is healthy, vegan and quick stir fry or poriyal recipe made with minimal ingredients and makes good side dish with rice sambar, kuzhambu or even dal. Or even with hot steaming rice with little ghee and this keerai poriyal is fabulous combo. The only tedious part in this recipe is to clean the leaves/keerai which takes little time but it's all worth it in the end.
We can also add one chopped onion saute it and then add leaves, I do that too but this time I wanted to make it no onion no garlic version so I didn't added, it's up to you whether you add onion or not, it's taste delicious either way.
You can also check other Drumstick Recipes
- Drumstick Leaves Rasam
- Drumstick Leaves Adai Dosa
- Drumstick Leaves Toor Dal Bhaji
- Mulakkada Masala (Drumstick Masala)
- Drumstick Sambar
- Maharashtrian Drumstick Curry
- Drumstick Egg Curry
Murungai Keerai Poriyal | Drumstick Leaves Poriyal RecipeVegan and healthy drumstick leaves stir fry with minimal ingredients.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Bunch or 4 Cups - Drumsticks Leaves
- 2 tsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 3 - Dried Red Chili
- 2 tbsp - Grated Coconut
- To Taste - Salt
- Pluck drumstick leaves from stems and rinse well 4-5 times in water. In a kadai or pan heat oil add hing, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add urad dal, broken dry red chili and saute until dal becomes light brown. Add drumstick leaves, salt and stir.
- Cook drumstick leaves with stirring in intervals until it gets cooked, add coconut and mix well, cook for another minute and off flame.
Serve with rice sambar or kuzhambu or even dal.
Healthy and delicious drumstick leaves poriyal (stir fry).
murungai keerai poriyal, murunkkai keerai poriyal, keerai poriyal recipe, murungai keerai poriyal recipe, drumstick leaves poriyal recipe,drumstick leaves stir fry recipe,Murungai keerai,Drumstick leaves recipe,Drumstick,Keerai,Poriyal Recipe,Recipe,Murunagai keerai poriyal