Corn Flour Halwa | Karachi Halwa Recipe | Diwali Sweets Recipes
I wanted to post this karachi or cornflour halwa recipe for years now every Diwali I will think I will post this year but it didn't happen until this time I just bring myself together to make this and to take pictures so I can share this with you all, kids specially love this halwa or burfi as it's chewy and more like jelly so you can try this for your kids for this Diwali 2014 and make them happy. Another favorite halwa is the famous Tirunelveli Halwa (wheat halwa).
Cornflour Halwa, also known as Karachi Halwa or Bombay Halwa is popualr halwa recipe made with corn flour, this halwa is chewy and taste delicious with very limited amount of ghee and we can make this under flat 15 minutes isn't that's makes it perfect to try specially during this festive season right? Cornflour halwa is very easy to prepare just have to mix everything and keep stirring :), only thing is to not to mess with the measurements which is very important in this recipe so stick with the measurements.
You can check other Diwali Recipes, you can also check Diwali Sweets and Diwali Snacks recipes collection.
- Dry Fruit Burfi
- Sooji Gujiya (Karanji)
- Coconut Khoya Gulkand Ladoo
- Besan Mawa Burfi
- Sooji (Rava) Ladoo
- Tirunelveli Halwa
- Gulab Jamun
- Dates sesame Ladoo
- Maaladu (Roasted Gram Ladoo)
Karachi (Bombay) Halwa | Cornflour Halwa RecipeDelicious, chewy halwa made with simple ingredients in 15 mins
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1/2 Cup - Corn Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups - Water
- 2 tbsp - Ghee
- 3 tbsp - Chopped Cashewnuts
- A Pinch - Cardamom Powder
- A Small Pinch - Food Color For Sugar Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cups - Sugar
- 1 Cup - Water
Enjoy this yummy karachi halwa.
- Take cornflour in a bowl and mix 1 1/2 cup water without any lumps, add food color (I used orange here) and mix well, keep aside. Grease a plate and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan or kadai and roast cashewnuts until golden brown, keep aside. Now you can add 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup water in same kadai (heavy bottom) or new one is upto you, I used the same kadai. Allow it to boil for sugar to dissolve completely, we don't have to check any consistency here but make sure the syrup becomes sticky. Now slowly add the cornflour mixture.
- Keep flame to slow and keep stirring continuously, it will start to become glossy in small pieces, keep stirring and the halwa will start to thicken up,and becomes glossy, don't stop stirring to avoid lumps. Now add ghee, cardamom powder and mix well, it will form halwa texture and will be very thick.
- Once halwa texture comes and starts to leave sides of pan and halwa becomes shinny, add cashewnuts and off flame, mix well and keep on stirring for 1-2 mins (with OFF flame), halwa will to leave sides of the pan well and you can see the ghee oozing out, transfer it to the greased plate and level it with laddle.
- Allow halwa to cool at least for an hour before you cut them into desire shape and enjoy this cuties.
Enjoy this yummy karachi halwa.
- Using non-stick kadai or pan is very good option for easy stirring.
- In this recipe the measurements are very important for corn flour, sugar and water so do not change anything.
- After adding cornflour mixture there will be small jelly starts to form, don't panic thinking you did something wrong, that's how the halwa will be formed later :)
- Instead of cutting in to burfi, you can just server it as halwa, for that once we add cashew-nuts mix well and serve.
- Stays well for 4 to 5 days if refrigerated.
Easy, delicious Bombay Halwa (Corn flour halwa).
cornflour halwa,cornflour halwa recipe,easy cornflour halwa,karachi halwa,karachi halwa recipe,how to make cornflour halwa,prepare karachi halwa at home,diwali sweets,cornflour halwa for diwali,easy halwa recipes for diwali,diwali sweets recipes,step by step corn flour halwa,corn flour halwa,,easy diwali sweet recipes,Under 15 minutes sweet recipe,indian corn flour halwa recipe,sweets with corn flour,