Potato Murukku | Aloo Murukku Recipe | Easy Diwali Snacks Recipes
While making this potato murukku I first used 3 star disc (as I used in the pepper murukku) and after the 1st batch of dough finished I changed the disc with multiple holes, you can used 3 hole or star hole murukku disk too it's upto you, but if you want to have like this white (or shall we say cream) looking murukku then you have to fry it in medium to slow flame, if you keep the flame in high they will start to get golden brown, happened with me for first few batches.
Potato Murukku, Aloo Murukku, Aloo Murukulu (Janthikalu) or chakli is easy murukku recipe, good for beginners as this is very easy with minimal ingredients. I like murukku with different flavors and this is one of the favourite too and makes good snack for Diwali or even for tea time, in my home this whole batch was over in just 2 days along with the Ratlami Sev so it's good. If you look to try something different than this is for sure good option specially during this festive season.
Murukku or chakli are always wonderful snacks for festivals like diwali, holi or just any day of course most of us make these goodies only during festival, so try something new and different apart from kara sev, this is one of my another favorite, you can also check the other murukku recipes I posted so far like
You can check other Diwali Recipes, you can also check Diwali Sweets and Diwali Snacks recipes collection.
- Kara Sev
- Ribon Pakoda/Murukku
- Besan Sev
- Ratlami Sev
- Namak Para/Diamonds Cuts
- Spicy Namak Para (Diamond Cuts)
- Aval (Poha) Mixture
Potato Murukku | Aloo Murukku RecipeEasy murukku or chakli with potato flavor, snacks for diwali.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Yields:||20-22 Medium Murukkus|
- 2 Cups - Rice Flour/Arisi Maavu
- 2 Medium - Boiled Potato
- 3 tbsp - Hot Oil or Butter
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- To Taste - Salt
- As Needed - Water
- To Deep Fry - Oil
- Boil, peel and mash or grated potato, in a bowl take all ingredients except water and oil for frying and mix well with hands.
- Add water in small quantity to make soft, smooth, non sticky dough without any cracks, keep the dough covered always. Take murukku machine or press and use 3 hole or star hole disc/plate, I used the one with as below, fill the press and heat oil for frying in a kadai/wok.
- You can directly press murukku on hot oil or grease 2-3 laddles and press on them first, gently drop the murukku in hot oil, cook in medium flame, once bubbles reduces turn and cook another side until bubbles ceases. Drain murukku in kitchen tissues, repeat same for rest of dough. If you wish to have white color looking murukku then you have to fry in medium to slow flame, if you increase flame they will turn to golden brown.
- Make soft and smooth dough, knead so there are no cracks.
- You can replace cumin seeds with carom seeds (ajwain/onam).
- You can also add 1 tsp of red chili powder.
- Make 2-3 layers while making murruku, don't add too many layers.
- If not looking for vegan version, then add butter with rice flour instead of using oil hot. Butter will make the murukku softer.
Easy, potato flavor murukku, enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee :)
Potato murukku recipe, murukku with potato, Aloo Murukulu Recipe,easy potato chakli recipe,potato murukku,potato murukku recipe,easy murukku recipes,instant murukku for diwali,diwali murukku,how to make murukku,easy potato murukku,step by step murukku recipe,easy diwali snacks,how to make diwali snacks,prepare easy murukku at home,murukku for beginners,make potato chakli