Sukhi Arbi Fry | Seppankizhangu Varuval Recipe | Arbi Recipes
Arbi or taro root is very regular vegetable in our home and I make either curry type like taro pumpkin curry or will make this sukhi arbi which gets paired along almost everything and also makes excellent snack. We can make the same during fasting days just skip turmeric powder and replace salt with rock salt (sendha namak) and if you don't eat red chili powder in fasting then replace that with pepper powder and you have delicious arbi fry on vrat days too.
Sukhi Arbi, arbi fry, seppankizhangu varaval, seppankizhangu roast is easy, delicious side dish which can be also served as snack or starter. Sukhi arbi makes excellet side dish with paratha, rice dal/sambar or rasam. Crispy, spicy sukhi arbi fry is delicious to eat we just need to make sure to fry the arbi well to avoid any itchiness that arbi (colocasia), yam usually has but if we fry it well then we can avoid that also we can apply little oil on hands while handling arbi or yam to avoid itchiness too.
You can check other Arbi Recipes,
Sukhi Arbi Fry | Seppankizhangu Varuval RecipeBoiled Arbi (colocasia) pan fried with spices.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 10-12 - Arbi/Colocasia/Seppankizhangu
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp - Amchur/Dry Mango Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- To Cook - Water
- Wash and pressure cook arbi (seppankizhangu) with 1 cup water for 3 whistles. Once cool enough to handle, peel skin and slit into half.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai, add cumin seeds, carom seeds(ajwain) and allow to splutter. Add arbi pieces and saute for 2-3 mins in medium flame until golden brown, turn to other side and cook for 2 mins.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, salt and mix well combine, add 1-2 tbsp of water and cook in slow flame until all the water gets dried up and masala cooked.
Serve hot or warm with rice dal or sambar or rasam.
- You can make the same for fasting skip turmeric powder and replace salt with sendha namak.
- This arbi also can be served as starter or snack.
- Don't over cook arbi (seppankizhangu) or it will be mushy.
- Make sure to fry the arbi well to avoid itchiness.
- You can also add all the masala to boiled arbi pieces and deep fry it.
Simple, delicious Sukhi Arbi.
sukhi arbi fry, sukhi arbi recipe, arbi fry, seppankizhangu fry,arbi roast, seppankizhangu roast,seppankizhangu fries,seppankizhangu varuval,seppankizhangu,fry,fries,varuval,colocasia recipes,colocasia fry,crispy arbi fry,arbi recipes, side dish, sidedish recipes