Homemade Chettinad Fish Masala Powder | Fish Masala Recipe
You can easily double or triple the recipe and make in large quantity and store it to use whenever you want with ease. If you are some one whom don't do much of home made masala then you should try this, the frangances home made masala bring to any recipe is always wonderful and of course it's fresh, we know how it made and also the shelf life is very good this fish masala easily stay fresh for more than 2 months at counter and if you fridge then we can store for longer duration. I made this chettinad fish masala to make fish fry and still having little masala left shall make some good curry with it though I am using this masala also in vegetables curry if I feel like it. Try this and do share your feedback.
Chettinad Fish Masala Powder is spice powder used to make fish fry or fish curry specially in Chettinad style or even we can use this spice powder for any fish fry or curry recipe. Made with fresh ingredients this fish masala powder works bring great magic to any fish recipe and using home made fresh masala is always better I think that's why you can see lot of spice powder that I have posted so far.
Other home made spice (masala) you can check
- Kitchen King Masala Powder
- Punjabi Chole Masala Powder
- Malvani Masala Powder
- Dabeli Masala Powder
- Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- Fennel (Saunf) Powder
- Sambar Powder
- Coriander Seeds Powder
Chettinad Fish Masala Powder RecipeHome made Fish Masala powder in Chettinad style.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp - Fennel Powder
- 1 tsp - Black Peppercorns
- 3 tsp - Coriander Seeds
- 8 - Dry Red Chili
- 4 - Cloves
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Asafoetida/Hing
- Dry roast cumin, fennel seeds, peppercorns, coriander seeds, dry red chili, cloves 1-2 mins in medium flame with regular stirring.
- Transfer roasted spicesinto a bowl or plate and allow to cool.
- Add spices to a blender or mixie jar (make sure jar is dry) add turmeric powder, hing and grind in to fine powder. Grind it to fine powder so the masala coats the fish pieces well.
- If needed, sieve the ground masala and grind again the remaining fibre to powder.
- Don't over roast the spices, just until they get fragrant.
- You can add 1/4 inch cinnamon and 2 green cardamom for extra flavor.
- Make sure to use dry jar while grinding any spice powder.
- To make fish fry, marinate fish pieces with this masala, salt, lemon juice or to make Chettinad style fish fry marinate with onion, ginger-garlic paste.
Fresh, home made Chettinad Fish Masala Powder.
chettinad fish masala powder recipe, fish masala recipe,fish masala powder,chettinad fish masala recipe, fish masala powder recipe, home made fish masala, how to make chettinad fish masala powder,