Plain Pulao | Sada Pulao Recipe | Plain Pulao Rice
In my in-laws place this pulao is made most along with bagara bhaat and normally simple pulao goes well with any side dish. This time we made matar paneer as a side and both made excellent combo along with that fresh radish leaves was used to make this mooli saag bhaji. You can serve this pulao with whatever you like even a simple raita will also do the trick. This recipe is good for lunch box since we can make this in jiffy and in pressure cooker so saving lot of time.
Plain Pulao or sada pulao rice is easy one pot meal which can make in jiffy and also do lot of variations with it. This plain pulao also makes excellent lunch box recipe or even perfect comfort meal for weekend when you have some good curry on making whether veg or non-veg then this simple pulao makes best combo. We can also use coconut milk to cook the pulao for extra flavors. Add few more vegetables if preferred.
This pulao also goes well with some good chicken curry too, we made the same along with chicken potato curry I will post that recipe soon and it was great too. Adding peas in this recipe is just option if you wish add. But do add the peppercorns it adds wonderful flavor to the pulao so don't miss on that.
You can also check other Pulao recipes here.
- Beetroot Pulao
- Bagara Bhaat (Pulao)
- Paneer Pulao
- Kashmiri Pulao
- Matar Pulao
- Tindora Pulao
- Soya Nuggets Pulao
Plain Pulao | Sada Pulao RecipeOne pot meal vegan plain pulao with peas and spices
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Main Course||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||4 to 5|
- 2 Cups - Basmati Rice
- 1 Large - Onion
- 3 - Green Chilies
- 1/4 Cup - Green Peas (optional)
- 2 tsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/3 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 3 1/2 Cups - Water or Coconut Milk
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves For Tempering or Tadka
- 2 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- 2 - Dried Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp - Black Peppercorns
- 2 - Crushed Green Cardamom
- 1/4 inch - Cinnamon Stick
- 1 - Star Anise
- Soak rice for 30 mins or until needed, rinse 3-4 times in fresh water and keep aside. Meanwhile peel and slice onion, slit green chili, chop coriander leaves and keep peas outside if using frozen.
- Heat oil (ghee if using) in a pressure cooker add all the items listed under 'For Tempering' and allow cumin seeds to splutter. Add onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and saute until onion becomes golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, rice mix gently and saute for 2-3 minutes in medium flame, stir in intervals. Add water, salt, coriander leaves and mix. Close cooker and cook for 2 whistles. Once pressure released gently fork rice.
- You can replace water with coconut milk or use half water, half coconut milk.
- Don't miss the peppercorns, it adds good flavor to the pulao. Peas is optional if you don't have then ignore it.
Delicious, one pot meal sada pulao.
plain pulao recipe, sada pulao recipe,pulao in pressure cooker,easy pulao recipe, pulav,plain pulao rice,onion pulao,