Apple Halwa Recipe | Seb Sheera | Easy Halwa Recipe
I was having lot of apple with me and was thinking what to do, I baked a small spiced apple cake and with few others I made this halwa when DH out of no where asked me to make dessert, this is not something he does but he didn't wanted anything with milk and he doesn't eat ghee so I was in a fix what to make in hurry without milk or ghee as kheer and halwa is something that comes to mind first if I think about dessert :)
Apple Halwa, seb halwa or seb sheera is easy, delicious halwa made with minimal ingredients and this halwa taste so yum and guess what it's made from only 1/2 tsp ghee and less than 2 tbsp of sugar, of course sugar quantity depends on how sweet you like. Not only during normal days but we can also make this apple halwa for fasting or vrat too or if you look for quick dessert then this apple halwa fits the bill perfectly.
I decided to make this apple halwa and used 1/2 tsp ghee so he doesn't notice the ghee at all and it works wonderfully with less ghee too, apple sourness along with sugar makes this halwa delicious and unique. So if you endup having apple at home and no one eat then try this halwa and see how the apples disappers in no time :)
Today suppose to be the Millet Friday special but since tomorrow is Valentine's Day I though of sharing this simple and easy sweet specially for people whom doesn't bake or celebrate but still want to do a little special thing, do share your feedback if you try this halwa.
You can also check other Halwa Recipes
- Singhara Halwa
- Shakarkand (Sweet Potato) Halwa
- Gajar (Carrot) Halwa
- Atte Ka Halwa
- Beetroot Halwa
- Beetroot Sooji Halwa
- Mango Halwa
- Rajgira Halwa
- Sooji (Rava) Halwa
- Tirunelveli (Wheat) Halwa
Apple Halwa | Seb Sheera RecipeFalahari apple halwa for Navratri fasting or vrat or simple dessert.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 3 - Large Apples
- 1/2 tsp - Ghee (add more if required)
- 2 tbsp - Sugar
- A Pinch - Yellow Food Color
- 1 tsp - Melon Seeds
- 1/4 tsp - Fresh Cardamom Powder
Serve hot or warm.
- Wash, peel, core and grate apples over a bowl of water so while grating apple falls on water, it helps from apple changing color.
- Heat ghee in a kadai/wok and add grated apple (seqeeze well to remove all the water before adding into kadai) and fry in medium flame until apple changes color and gets cooked around 3-4 mins, do regular stirring.
- Once apple gets almost cooked and changes the color a bit then add sugar and mix well, cook until halwa becomes dry, keep stirring.
- Now add food color or saffron soaked in milk and mix well to combine, cook again for 2-3 mins with regular stirring or until ghee starts to separate and halwa doesn't stick to wok any more or halwa leaves sides of wok. Add cardamom powder, melon seeds and mix well, off flame.
Serve hot or warm.
- You can add more ghee if you prefer, but 1/2 tsp ghee just works fine for 3 apples.
- You can replace food color with pinch of saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk to get good color.
- You can add more sugar if you wish, it depends on sourness of apple I used less than 2 tbsp and it was just right for us.
Delicious and easy apple halwa.
apple halwa recipe,seb ka halwa recipe,seb sheera,vrat ke halwa recipe,apple sheera recipe,Falahari halwa,sheera recipes,easy halwa recipe,how to make apple sheera,fasting recipes, vrat ka khana, upwas khana, upvas recipes, navratri fasting food,easy snacks,