Chicken Potato Curry Recipe | Chicken Curry
I have already posted Chicken Potato Curry which was made in pressure cooker and in little different way and this is the authentic recipe and it taste super delicious with just the normal ingredients nothing fancy here. During our Dec India trip we had good long vacation with full North India tour with family and of course chicken get's looked lot of them and once I manage to take some pictures quickly.
Chicken Potato Curry, chicken aloo curry is easy, delicious chicken curry which makes great side dish rice or even paratha. This recipe is from my sister-in-law, she mostly add potato with chicken while making it which makes that curry delicious and also few of us focus more on potato than the chicken ;) For the people whom doesn't eat chicken but doesn't mind the potato looked with chicken this recipes works best as you don't have to make two separate dishes.
I was busy with some other things so I didn't click the step by step pictures for this curry like I did for the matar paneer, hopefully I can update the step wise pictures some times though I want to post the pictures while my SIL make it. If you looks for something simple yet yummy then do try this and you won't be regret just make sure to cook the onion paste well so the masala doesn't taste raw.
Keeping the the Sunday Non-Vegetarian Series going I am sharing 5th entry of chicken potato curry recipe today to make your Sunday more special, so do try it and share your feedback.
You can also check other Chicken Recipes
- Chicken 65
- Shahi Murgh
- Kashmiri Chicken
- Kadai Chicken
- Chicken Potato Curry in Pressure Cooker
- Methi Chicken
- Chicken Rasa (Curry)
- Chicken Cashew Masala
- Chicken Curry in Onion Gravy
- Chicken Masala
- Chicken Tikka
- Andhra Style Chicken Curry
- Tandoori Chicken
- Chicken Clear Soup
- Andhra Chicken Pickle
Chicken Potato Curry | Chicken Aloo RecipeDelicious, spicy and flavorful chicken curry with potato.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 750 gms - Chicken
- 3 Medium - Potato
- 4 Medium - Onion
- 1/2 Cup - Fenugreek Leaves/Methi (optional)
- 2 Large - Tomato
- 4 - Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala Powder (optional)
- To Taste - Salt
- 1/2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2-3 Cups - Water For Tempering
- 4 tbsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 2 - Bay Leaf
- 1 - Black Cardamom
- 1 - Green Cardamom
- 4 - Cloves
- 1 - Star Anise
- 1/2 inch - Cinnamon
- Wash and cut chicken in to medium size pieces and keep aside, peel and cut onion into 6 or 8 pieces, keep the pieces large, green chili, tomato, coriander leaves.
- Peel and roughly chop onion and grind to paste, without using any water.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan add all the items listed under 'For Tempering' and allow cumin to splutte. Now add fenugreek leaves (if using) and saute until it becomes light brown for a min.
- Add onion paste, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and saute until onion becomes golden brown and oil starts to separate. Add potato pieces and cook for 2 minus. Now add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder mix and cook for 5 mins in medium to slow flame.
- Add tomato, mix and cook until tomato gets mashed, oil starts to leave pan edges. Now add chicken pieces mix well and cook for 5-8 mins in medium flame with stirring in regular.
- Add water (adjust water depending on how much gravy you need) and bring it to good boil. Add salt, cover and cook for 15-18 mins in medium to slow flame with stirring in intervals or until chicken & potato gets cooked and oil starts to floats on top. Add garam masala, coriander leaves, mix and off flame.
- Make sure to roast onion paste well.
- The chili powder I use is very spicy so I added 2 tsp, you can add more if needed or less.
- Fenugreek leaves or methi is added during winter season when fresh methi leaves are available add if it's available methi adds wonderful flavor to the curry but if you don't have methi leaves it's fine just ignore it.
- If you want lot of gravy in curry then add more water.
Delicious, spicy chicken potato curry.
chicken potato curry recipe, chicken curry, aloo chicken curry recipe, potato chicken curry, chicken recipes, chicken curry in north indian style,