Mochakottai Parangikai Kuzhambu | Mochaikottai Kara Kuzhuambu Recipe
And she follows the tradition here and make this amazing kulambu during festive time and thus I got introduced to this wonderful kulambu. This kuzhambu is sweet, tangy, spicy and field beans is just wonderful to eat. Even if you don't like South Indian food and specially kulambu variety then you should try this. DH who doesn't like any kuzahmbu, rasam like this one as pumpkin brings the sweetness and creamy mochaikottai is wonderful combination. This kuzhambu is so good that I didn't wanted to any any other thing in the pictures not even rice on side to keep the focus only on the star here :)
Mochakottai Parangikai Kuzhambu or Field Beans Pumpkin Kulambu or mochaikottai kara kuzhuambu is one of the best kuzhambu recipes hands down. It's one of my most favorite and this wonderful kuzhambu is introduced to me by my dear friend Dharani, when she used to stay near me she will share this mochaikottai kulambu whenever she makes, this recipe special this mochaikottai kuzhambu is made during Temple festival in Erode.
My brother who doesn't like pumpkin eat this kuzahmbu without fuss too so it's always win-win for me and I personally adore this particular recipe and so happy that finally able to manage this amazing recipe, you have to really try to know how good is this recipe as for me I keep on going ga-ga over this kulambu, I have already posted Parangikai Kara Kondakadalai Puli Kuzhambu but both the kulambu taste so different due to the legume used and this one is sure better. Try this and thank me later :) There is also Mochakottai Sundal I have posted, if you like to know any other mocha kottai recipe :)
You can also check other Kuzhambu Recipes.
- Parangikai Kara Kondakadalai Puli Kuzhambu
- Manathakkali Vatha Kuzhambu
- Vatha Kuzhambu
- Vazhakkai Kara Kuzhambu
- Chettinad Karamani Kara Kuzhambu
Mochakottai Parangikai Kuzhambu | Field Beans Pumpkin Kulambu RecipeAuthentic butter beans and pumpkin curry in Erode style.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 3/4 Cup - Mochakottai/Field Beans
- 2 Cups - Chopped Pumpkin Pieces
- 12 - Shallots
- 1 Large - Tomato
- 2 tbsp - Tamarind
- 2 tsp - Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp - Sambar Powder
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Jaggery
- To Taste - Salt
- 1/4 Cup - Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp - Oil For Tempering
- 1 tsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 2 - Dry Red Chili
- A Sprig - Curry Leaves
- Soak mochaikottai over night or for 4 hours in ample of water, pressure cook for 3 whistles with little salt and water, allow pressure to release. Meanwhile soak tamarind in water, peel and dice pumpkin, peel shallots (small onion), chop tomato. Grind fresh coconut into paste using little water, extract tamarind juice using 2 cups water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan add garlic and saute until light brown, add shallots and saute for 2 mins in medium heat or until they starts to get brown.
- Once shallots becomes light browno, add pumpkin pieces and saute for 2 mins or until they starts to get brown and soft.
- Add chopped tomato, sambar powder, chili powder mix well and cook until tomato gets mashed. Now add mochaikottai with the boiled water, salt, tamarind juice and bring it to good boil in high flame. Once kulambu starts to boil keep flame to medium and allow to simmer until gravy starts to becomes thick.
- Add coconut paste, jaggery mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins in slow flame. Meanwhile in a tadka pan or small pan heat oil add hing, mustard seeds, broken dry chili, curry leaves and allow mustard to splutter. Pour tempering over kuzhambu and off flame, mix to combine everything cover and keep aside for mininum of 10 mins before serving.
- You can skip chili powder if you think it will be too spicy for you.
- Use shallots as much as possible.
- This kulambu taste yum without coconut too, so you can try it.
One of the best kuzahmbu recipe, it's just YUM!
Mochakottai Parangikai Kuzhambu recipe, mochakottai kara kuzhambu recipe,Field Beans Pumpkin Kulambu,mochakottai kuzhambu recipe,mochaikottai pumpkin kulambu, kara mochaikottai kulambu recipe,mochaikottai curry, fields beans kuzhambu, var beans curry, kuzhambu recipe