Chana Dal Pakora | Chana Dal Bhajiya | Kadalai Paruppu Baaji Recipe
Chana Dal Pakora, Dal pakoda or Bengal Gram fritters are easy pakora recipe with chana dal, besan, spice and adding little onion for crunch. Another great snack for tea time, it works great as appetizer for get-together or party too. This chana dal pakoda is similar to Masala Vade I just added besan (chickpeas flour), rice flour to make this into pakoda, it's super yum.
I made Masala Vada for one week end lunch platter and had remaining batter so for evening tea I add some besan, rice flour and made quick bhajiya which tasted yum. This makes great snacks to add into my pakoda recipe collection it's not that I don't make pakode much but we prefer mostly onion pakoda and aloo pakoda which I have posted, now a days I am making raw banana pakode which not able to take pictures so it's in the queue to post.
If you are bored of regular onion, potato, plantain or any vegetable pakoda or normal vada then you should try this as soaking doesn't requires much time and this is a blend between vada and pakoda (baaji) so it's really cruncy outside yet soft inside making it great snack for any time. I served it with Peanut Chutney and Tomato Coriander Chutney with tea. Looks very crunchy right?
You can also check other Pakoda Recipes
- Aloo Pakoda
- Moong Dal Vada | Pakoda
- Palak Pyaaz Pakoda
- Paka Kolar Bora | Ripen Banana Fritters
- Pyaz Ke Pakode | Onion Fritters
- Saga Pyaaz Pakoda | Spring Onion Fritters
- Dudhi (bottle gourd) Pakoda
- Arbi Patta Pakode
- Bhaji Vada
Chana Dal Pakora | Kadalai Paruppu Baaji RecipeBengal dram fritters with besan (chickpeas flour) and spices for tea time snack.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1/2 Cup - Chana Dal/Bengal Gram
- 1 tsp - Grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Fennel Seeds
- 4 - Chopped Green Chilies
- 1/4 tsp - Asafoetida/Hing
- 1 Cup - Gram Flour/Besan/Kadala Maavu
- 1/4 Cup - Rice Flour
- 2 Medium - Chopped Onion
- A Sprig - Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp - Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Soda Bi-Carb
- 1 tbsp - Lemon Juice (optional)
- 4 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- As needed - Water
- To Taste - Salt
- For Deep Frying - Oil
- Wash and soak channa dal in water for 2 hours or more, drain water, rinse dal 1-2 times. Peel and chop onion, green chili, coriander leaves, curry leaves.
- Grind chana dal with green chillies, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, ginger, hing into coarse paste. Add 1-2 tbsp of water only if required.In a large bowl add chana dal paste, add onion, salt, curry leaves and mix well.
- Add besan, rice flour, coriander leaves, ajwain, red chili, turmeric powder, soda, lemon juice mix well to combine everything, add water in small quantity to make thick batter for pakoda like in picture.
- Heat oil for frying in a kadai (wok), once oil becomes hot drop spoonful of batter or medium pakora size from hand in hot oil 5-6 in single batch or more if you are using large kadai, fry until it becomes golden brown from all sides, drain in kitchen tissue and repeat same for rest of batter .
Serve hot with cup of tea or coffee and enjoy as evening snack or breakfast.
Crunchy outside and soft inside chana dal pakoda.
chana dal pakora recipe, kadalai paruppu baaji recipe,chana dal bhajiya recipe,chana dal onion pakora recipe,masala vada, masala vade recipe, masala vade baaji,how to make masala vade baaji,snacks recipe, fritters recipes,tea time snack