Falahari Dahiwale Kaddu Sabzi | Kaddu Sabzi | Navratri Vrat Recipes
Since now Navratri is going on I wanted to post some good yet easy recipe for Navratri vrat/upvaas but due to work committment I am not able to blog as much I would want too, squeezing time to share this post as this is one of the best vrat recipe and specially if you are bored of ususal potato curry then this is must try. This curry is delicious that I make this everyone we have pumpkin at home which is lot, I follow the same recipe just replace sendha namak with regular salt remaining everything I keep same and serve with rice or roti, paratha.
Falahari Dahiwale Kaddu Sabzi, Kaddu ki sabzi or dahiwale kaddu is easy and yummy curry suitable for falahari or fasting If you look for something easy, quick and easy side dish then this is for you as this sabzi taste just too good, not only for fasting but we can make this during normal days too to serve with anything of our choice.
I made this dahiwale kaddu during last year Navratri but that time I was posting everyday so didn't got the chance to post this recipe and I kept to during this Chaitra Navratri so it will be useful for all the people fasting. Keep the recipe to original as possible and if any whole garam masala you don't take during fast then skip that other wise everything makes this curry super delicious.
You can also check other Navratri Fasting (Vrat) Recipes
- Vrat Ki Idli,Dosa
- Sabudana Khichadi
- Sabudana Thalipeeth
- Vrat Ke Aloo Poori
- Singhara Atta Cheela
- Samvat Pulao
- Kacche Kele Ki Sabzi
- Vrat Ke Dudhi (Lauki) Sabzi
- Phalahari Arbi Sabzi
- Sabudana Tikki
- Phalahari Kaccha Kela Aloo Tikki
- Dudhi (lauki) Raita
- Aloo Raita
- Vrat Ke Papdi Chaat
Falahari Dahiwale Kaddu Sabzi | Pumpkin Curry RecipeEasy pumpkin curry with yogurt, spices for fasting or vrat.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 3 Cups - Chopped Pumpkin/Kaddu
- 3 - Chopped Green Chili
- 1 Large - Tomato
- A Sprig - Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp - Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp - Grated Ginger
- 1/2 inch - Cinnamon Stick
- 2 - Crushed Green Cardamom
- 3 - Cloves
- 3/4 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Pepper Powder
- A Pinch - Fresh Grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp - Sendha Namak or Salt
- 3/4 Cup - Fresh Yogurt/Curd
- 2 Cups - Water
- 1 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Peel and chop pumpkin in medium size pieces, tomato, finely chop green chili, coriander leaves, grate ginger.
- In kadai or pan heat oil or ghee add cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and saute until cumin cracks.Add green chili, ginger, curry leaves and cook for 30 secs.
- Add pumpkin pieces mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 mins in medium flame or until it starts to become golden. Add tomato, red chili powder mix well, cover and cook until tomato gets mashed, stir in intervals.
- Once tomato gets mashed, add pepper powder, nutmeg and stir cook for a min, add sendha namak (rock salt) and stir well to mix.
- Add beaten curd water, salt and stir well to combine. Cover and cook for 6-8 mins in medium flame or until gravy becomes thick and oil starts to float on top. Add coriander leaves and off flame.
- Don't miss any of the garam masala mention, it's all adds wonderful flavor to the dish.
- This gravy becomes thick later so off flame once it's cooked and still watery.
Easy, flavorful and super yummy dahiwale kaddu sabzi.
falahari dahiwale kaddu, dahiwale kaddu sabzi Recipe,kaddu ki sabzi,vari pumpkin curry,vrat ka kaddu sabzi,phalahari recipes,navratri vrat recipes, fasting food, fasting recipes, navratri upvaas recipes, navratri ka khana, upvaas ka khana, festival recipes,