Garlic Sev Recipe | Lahsun Sev | Diwali Recipes
Garlic Sev , Lahsun Sev or Poondu Sevpodi is easy and delicious snack recipe for Diwali or works great as tea time snack. Garlic Sev is similar to normal sev but here we add fresh garlic to add wonderful garlic flavor to crunchy sev. Diwali is incomplete without sev in my parents home, my mom always use to prepare sev with lot of variation and I continue to do same also.
These Sev are very easy & quick to make and also stay good for long time. Crispy sev not only make good snack by itself but also used in most of the chaat items. The only issue with these yummy sev is once we start munching it’s difficult to stop but then don’t eat too much at one go as these are made from chickpeas flour and eating too much may cause stomach upset, so be mindful. But Diwali is exception ofcourse it's call for celebration and for us to enjoy all the yummy goodies :)
We can do many variations with simple sev recipe and garlic is one of the favourite. If you want to make kara sev then add little of rice flour along and you have super yummy garlicky kara sev too. So this Diwali try something different and make these garlic sev for you and family.
You can check other Diwali Recipes, you can also check Diwali Sweets and Diwali Snacks recipes collection.
- Aval (Poha) Mixture
- Cornfalkes Mixture
- Kara Sev
- Ribon Pakoda/Murukku
- Besan Sev
- Ratlami Sev
- Namak Para/Diamonds Cuts
- Spicy Namak Para (Diamond Cuts)
- Mullu Murukku
- Potato Murukku
- Besan Murukku
- Pepper Murukku
- Butter Murukku
Garlic Sev | Lahsun Sev RecipeCrunchy Sev with fresh garlic flavor.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Cup - Besan/Chickpeas Flour
- 1 tsp - Fresh Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Soda
- 1/4 tsp - Roasted Carrom Seeds/Ajwain
- 3/4 tsp or To Taste - Salt
- 1/4 tsp - Asafoetida/Hing
- 2 tbsp - Hot Oil
- 1/4 Cup or as needed - Water
- For Frying - Oil
- Peel and paste garlic with little water. I used fresh green garlic and green coriander seeds here that's why you see the paste as green. Roast and crush carrom seeds.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients except water and oil for frying. Mix well to combine, add water slowly to make smooth dough.
- Heat oil in kadai or wok for deep frying and meanwhile Fill the Sev ‘press’ or ‘machine’ with prepare dough using small hole disc/plate as in picture. Press it in hot oil in large single circles [don’t overlap].
- Deep fry in medium flame both sides till bubbles ceases. Drain in paper towel & repeat same for rest of dough. Allow to cool completely and break in small pieces if preferred.
If stored in air tight containers this can last for months, provided it’s remains by that time ;).
Popular Sev with Garlic twist, enjoy as tea time snack or as festival special.
sev recipe,Garlic sev recipe,Poondu sev, poondu sevpodi recipe,Easy diwali snacks recipe,Diwali snacks recipe,lahsun sev, sev recipe ,garlic sev preparation,Indian cooking garlic sev video,Poondu sev recipes,sev Indian recipes,poondu karasev, Deepavali recipes,Diwali snacks recipes