Namak Para | Namak Pare Recipe | Diwali Snacks Recipe
Namak Para, Nimiki, namak paare, or diamond cuts is popular snack or namkeen recipe during Diwali, festivals or even for tea time. I have posted spicy namak paare recipe and now I am posting the most popular version of diamonds cuts (namak para). We make namak para for almost all festival like Diwali/Deepavali, Holi or for travel. It always so easy to prepare and taste delicious, loved by all so namak para makes the most desirable snack for Deepavali.
As these namak para stays fresh for long time it's perfect for snack to carry during travelling or if going on long tour this diamond cuts or namak para is easy to carry and works great for tea time snack or even for breakfast, in my in-laws place namak para is always made during any tour or travelling or if we all are together big family together then namak pare is sure made.
I love this too specially dunked in tea and scope out with spoon n eat ..it’s simple pressure but then I just love that. It’s perfect for kids snacks box, we use to have this along with other goodies after Diwali or Holi as our lunch box. If you haven’t tried this yet then you have too and you going to love this trust me.
You can check other Diwali Recipes
- Diwali Sweets Recipes Collection Here
- Diwali Snacks Savory Collection Here
- 12 Vegan Diwali Sweets and Snacks Recipes
- Diwali Dinner Menu Ideas Collection Here
- DIY: Home made Decroative Diyas Ideas
- DIY: Diwali Home Decoration Ideas
- Kitchen Basics - Masala, Paste Recipes
Namak Pare | Diamonds Cuts RecipeEasy diwali or tea time snack namak para or diamond cuts.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 Cups - Plain Flour/Maida
- 2 tbsp - Hot Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp - Carrom Seeds/Ajwain
- To Taste - Salt (I used 1 tsp)
- To Knead - Lukewarm Water
- Oil - To Deep Fry
- In a wide bowl mix flour, salt, ghee/oil, ajwain and rub until oil/ghee is mixed well with flour and you get sand like texture. Add water in small quantity to form a stiff dough like poori [stiffer than roti dough]. Cover and keep aside dough for 10-15 mins.
- Knead dough again for 2-3 mins, divide dough in 2-3 portion and make smooth balls and grease with oil, also grease the rolling surface and the rolling pin with little oil so doesn't have to dust with flour.
- Using a rolling pin roll a part into a circle of thickness 1/4”. Use a knife or pizza cut and cut into diamonds shape or squares. Repeat same for rest of dough.
- You can also cut the namak para in moon shape In a wok heat oil for deep frying, drop handful of namak para carefully in oil and fry until golden brown in slow heat so it can cook properly. Once done take them out in kitchen towel, and allow to cool. Repeat same for rest of namak para. .
- You can add black sesame seeds instead of carom seeds/ajwain.
- Add 2 tbsp of semolina/sooji to extra crunch.
- You can half of wheat flour and half of maida or make this out of wheat flour.
- If you wish sprinkle chaat masala once it’s taken out of oil.
- Always fry namak para in slow flame for even cooking.
- Eat namak para while it’s still warm and it’s taste great.
You can also check spicy namak para recipe. Enjoy these with cup of tea or coffee and share with friends, family this Diwali.
namak para recipe,nimiki recipe,namak paare recipe, diamond cuts recipe,spicy diamond cuts recipe, namkeen recipe, diwali namkeen,diwali snacks recipe,namak paray recipe, deepavali snacks recipe, easy diwali snacks, holi recipes,