Seviya Kheer/Semiya ~ Vermicelli Pudding
I believe that every things can be made in thousands of different way, which is same for Seviya Kheer or Semiya. There must be so many different method and mine changes every then and now too, but that's what keep cooking interesting isn't it?
So here is my version:
Seviya/Vermicelli - 1/2cup
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 4 tbs [ to taste]
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tps
Cashew - few
Raisins - 1 tps
Pistachio - few [chopped]
Ghee/Clasified Butter - 1tbs [optional]
1. In a pan heat ghee, fry the cashews & keep aside OR dry roast the cashews in case of not using ghee.
2. In a same pan fry the seviya until golden brown and keep aside OR dry roast the seviya in case of not using ghee.
3. Boil milk & add fried seviya, sugar, half of cashew, raisins & pistachio.
4. Cook for 3-4 mins until seviya gets soft on medium flame.
5. Garnish with remaining nuts. Serve hot or cold.
Enjoy your day…