Almond Chocolate Puff Pastry
Wishing All Happy Valentine's Day ...
DH got handmade almond cookies and some puff pastry goodies from office. The chocolate puff pastry were good and that gave me a idea to do it on my own. I used white chocolate as I thought white chocolate will be better than brown.
Puff pastry sheets -1 [Thawed]
White Chocolate Chips - 3/4 cup [ you can use any white chocolate bar too]
Grated Almond - 1/4 cup
Milk - 4 tbsp [if required]
Butter or Egg wash - as needed
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Thaw the pastry sheet as per instruction on pack.
2. Cut the pastry sheet in 4/6 or 8 rectangles pieces. I cut it into 8 pieces to make mini puffs.
3. Fold and seal the pastry sheet pieces & place in baking tray. Brush little butter on top, and bake for 10-15minutes or until golden brown.
~ Since I make it mini they got bake fast in around 12 minutes, so keep a eye on it.
4. Once baking done, let the puff cool down on wire rack.
5. Meanwhile melt the chocolate chips in microwave or in double boiler, stir frequently. Add milk and stir well. Allow the melted chocolate to cool down too so we dont burn ourself.
6. Dip puff into melted chocolate, let the chocolate get coated on all the sides well. Place the puff on a try and sprinkle grated almonds. Do same for all the puffs.
7. After finishing arranging all the puffs, keep the tray in fridge for the chocolate to set well for 3-4 hours or keeping over night is better.
The steps looks long but it's quite simple and easy to do. And taste very good and light to eat.
We can also do lot of variations like:
~ Use brown chocolate instead of white.
~ Instead of coating the chocolate , you can use it as filling too. If you are going to fill the chocolate then let the puff cool on wire rack completely before you bite or you might get burn and you have to bake extra 5 minutes for the chocolate to melt inside well.
~ You can use walnut instead of almonds.
Have a good day ~~