Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe | Indo Chinese Recipes
You can add soya sauce or skip it, it’s totally up to you what way you like. Incase in confusion try once with soya sauce and another time without it, same goes for ajinomoto too you can add it or skip it. I normally don’t add ajinomoto, this is one of those rare occasion. I have used basmati rice but you can use any long grain rice or thai rice if you liked that, do use olive oil or sesame oil as it’s add nice flavour to the dish
Veg Fried Rice or fried rice has to be the most famous Indo-Chinese recipe, most of us like Chinese food and specially fried rice, don’t we? I made fried rice so many times but never really got a chance to post it, this time I made it along with Corn and Capsicum Soup and clicked the picture so I can post the recipe on readers demand. As most of the recipes one can find umpteen way of doing vegetable fried rice specially Indian way, and here is my version.
You can keep the rice in refrigerate for 30 minutes or more so the rice can retain the shape. You can use sesame or olive oil for fried rice where sesame oil works better in this but any other oil is fine too.
You can customize the recipe and add any vegetable of your choice or skip a few listed below if you don't have at hand just add carrot, beans, capsicum it taste yum too.
You can also check other Indo-Chinese recipes
- Veg Manchurian Gravy
- Veg Spring Rolls
- Gobi 65
- Aloo 65
- Pineapple Tofu Manchurian
- Veg Momos
- Gobi Manchurian
Vegetable (Veg) Fried Rice RecipeVegetable or Veg Fried Rice is an popular Indo-Chinese recipe made with lots of vegetable, soya sauce and cooked rice.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||2 to 3|
- 1 Cups - Long Grain Rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 medium - Carrot
- 7 to 8 - Beans
- 1 small - Capsicum
- 1 Cup - Finely Sliced Cabbage
- 7 to 8 Sprigs - Spring Onion or 1 Onion
- 1 tsp - Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp - Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 tsp - Freshly Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp - Light Soya Sauce [optional]
- To Taste - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Aji-No-Mtto [optional]
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- Soak washed rice for 15-20 mins, cook 1 cup rice with 2 cups water ie 1:2 ratio or with 1 and 3/4 cups water in rice cooker or pressure cooker use a tin or bowl if using pressure cooker. Once rice cooked, spread on a plate to let it cool, keep aside.
- While rice getting cooked, cut all the vegetables.
Here is how you can julienne carrot. Wash and peel carrot, trim top and bottom ends. Cut carrot in half or in 3 pieces that’s depends on the carrot size. Trim one side and lay the flat side on chopping board, this is to prevent it from rolling. Cut lengthways into 2-4mm thick slices, you can arrange slices on a sack of 2-3 slices each and cut it into thin strips or matchsticks, or you can cut one slice at a time as match stick but that’s takes up little time.
- Mince ginger and garlic, chop onion if using or chop the spring onion white part and green part separately. Chop beans, slice lengthwise cabbage, capsicum, keep aside.
- In a wide pan or wok heat oil add minced ginger-garlic and sauté it to infuse oil with ginger-garlic flavor. Add spring onion white part and sauté for a minute followed by beans and sauté for a minute too on high flame
- Add carrot sauté for a minute then capsicum and fry a minute too.
- Now add cabbage sauté it for a minute too, add ajinomoto (if using), salt and pepper and give a stir.
- Add rice and soya sauce and mix well but gently, adjust salt and pepper if required. Remember to do all the cooking on high flame to keep the crunchiness of veggies.
- You can add 1/2 tbsp vinegar when adding cooked rice.
- If you are using dark soya sauce then add only 1 tsp or you can skip soya sauce.
- You can add chilli sauce, chilli sauce and/or tomato, it adds nice flavour to the fried rice.
- Try to use fresh grounded pepper.
- You can keep the rice in refrigerate for 30 minutes or more so the rice can retain the shape
Easy and delicious fried rice.
fried rice recipe, vegetable fried rice recipe,veg fried rice,chinese fried rice recipe,easy fried rice, lunch box recipes, fried rice for kids,,