Chicken Curry | Chicken Rasa Recipe
Now a days I like to make chicken curry/sabzi which can be eaten with just plain steamed rice so I don’t have to make any other side dish. This curry fits the bill perfectly, after making few methods am set with this easy chicken curry as I am still learning to cook chicken and hopefully will make fish some day soon. It goes well with plain rice, jeera rice, peas pulav or roti and taste delicious, without much effort. Normally I use boneless chicken for any curry and the few pieces that comes with bone (though we buy bonelss!) make Chicken Clear Soup, two-in-one Try this simple chicken curry and I’m sure you will love this too.
Oil – 3 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Puree – 2 tbsp
Water – 2-3 Cups
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Crushed Kasoori Methi – 1 tsp
Salt – To taste
Cilantro – 1 tbsp [chopped]
Onion – 2 large
Green Chillies – 3
Chicken – 500 gms (used here boneless)
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Seeds Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
1. Wash chicken pieces and marinate with the ingredients listed under ‘to marinate’ and keep aside for 2 hours or until we are doing other prep work. Minimum keep chicken marinated for 15 minutes.
2. Grind the items listed under ‘to grind’ and keep aside.
3. In a wok or pan heat oil add cumin and fennel seeds and let it splutter. Add grounded onion paste and sauté until raw smell goes off and oil starts to leave start of wok/pan.
4. Add marinated chicken and mix well, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes in slow-medium flame or until chicken gets tender.
5. Add tomato puree and sauté for 2 minutes again. Add water, mix gently and let it come to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Now add garam masala, kasoori methi and adjust salt if required, simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the consistency you want.
If serving with rice you can keep gravy so it’s easy to eat, for roti/chapati/naan make it thick gravy or as you like.
Have a nice day ~~