Eggless Butterless Chocolate Cupcakes
I made this super easy and super moist vegan cupcake to take along to my sister place but last moment we couldn’t go and thus it making it to blog. This cupcakes are very easy to prepare it doesn’t require any beater or special gadgets, just mix everything with a spatula and we are ready to go, added bonus this one is eggless plus butter less.
I have made few batches as it’s very simple recipe and all the ingredients always easy to find in pantry and always result in soft and moist cupcakes. These cupcakes are good by itself but of course frosting does add extra frill, I run out of butter so I didn’t do frosting but just sprinkle some chocolate rise. If you wish you can do frosting and enjoy these yummy cupcakes.
Ingredients: [Yield 6 cupcakes]
Plain Flour – 3/4 cup
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
White Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
Instant Coffee/Espresso Powder – 1 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Chocolate Rice – 1/4 cup [optional]
For Frosting [I didn't use frosting]
Butter – 4 tbsp
Cocoa Powder – 1/3 cup
Icing Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 2 tbsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
1. Boil water and add coffee powder, mix well and keep aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F or 180C and prepare muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a bowl shift flour, soda, cocoa powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together prepared coffee, sugar, vinegar, oil and vanilla extract.
5. Add wet ingredients with dry ingredients and stir well to combine everything, make sure there’s no lumps.
~ Mixture will be thin, so don’t panic.
6. Fill cupcake liners with batter till 3/4 full, if using chocolate rice then sprinkle on top.
7.Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. If not bake again for 3-5 minutes and repeat the test.
7. Remove from oven and let pan cool for 5 minutes then remove cupcakes from pan and let it cool on a wire rack completely.
While cupcakes get's cool prepare frosting.
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan or in microwave. Add cocoa powder with butter and stir until smooth.
2. Add half of icing sugar, stir, add 1 tbsp milk and stir. Repeat again for remaining sugar and milk. Add vanilla extract and stir until smooth. If it’s runny then add more icing sugar.
3. You can simply spread frosting over cupcakes or fill it in piping bag and do desire design.
You can see how moist and light these cupcakes are inside.
Have a nice day ~~