Eggless Strawberry & Banana Muffins
I was in happy mood over weekend as my work was appreciated and I achieved what I was targeting for 2 years, as they say hard work does pay offs, & to celebrate that I shopped, ate and baked! I tried this combo of strawberry and banana and it came out so good it was way better than I expected, banana & strawberry together works as charm and the flavour is just so delicious. I didn’t follow any recipe but did on my own and made this muffins as eggless butter-less, if you don't add strawberry emulco (and it’s fine) it will still have light pink color as strawberry and milk is grinded and added. Have along with any juice, tea/coffee as breakfast or snack. We had it with Pear and Orange Juice for breakfast and others disappeared in no time.
Ingredients: [Yields 12 regular size Muffins]
Granular Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Oil – 3/4 Cup
Silken Tofu – 1/2 Cup [whipped] I used Oranigc
Ripe Banana – 2 Large
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Plain Flour – 2 Cups + 1 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Orange Zest – 1 tsp [optional]
Strawberry – 1 Cup [chopped]
Milk – 3/4 Cup
Strawberry Emulco – 1 tsp [optional]
1. Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl mix white and brown sugar with oil until sugar almost dissolves.
2. Add orange zest, whipped tofu and mashed banana and mix well.
~ I didn’t whip tofu but add and mix well with other ingredients. It’s better if you whip it and then add.
3. In a another bowl or plate sieve flour, salt, baking powder and mix with wet ingredients in small batches and stir, do not over mix.
4. Beat 1/2 cup of strawberry pieces with milk until smooth and add to muffin batter and mix well. Now add vanilla essence and strawberry emulco (if using) and give a good stir.
5. Coat remaining 1/2 cup of strawberry with 1 tbsp of flour and mix with batter, this is to prevent fruit from sinking on bottom.
6. Line muffin tray with liners and scoop batter until 3/4, if you wish add few strawberry pieces on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
~ Keep eye after 20 minutes, I used baked muffin liners and cupcakes cups to bake, though in these cups the batter is more than double of normal size muffins.
Cool in wire rack for 5 minutes, remove muffins and allow to cool completely.
Relish these cute and delicious muffins.
Have a nice day ~~