Seviyan Kheer | Semiya Payasam | Vermicelli Milk Pudding
Seviyan Kheer or semiya payasam is one sweet that I make often simply because it’s most easy, quick to make with yummy result. Most of the time it’s the
Seviyan/Semiya/Vermicelli - 1 Cup
Boiled Milk - 3 Cups
Sugar - 1/2 Cup [ to taste]
Condensed Milk - 2 tbsp [optional]
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tps
Cashew Nuts - 6-7 [chopped]
Raisins - 1 tps
Ghee/Clasified Butter - 1 tsp [optional]
1. In a pan heat ghee, fry the cashews, raisins until golden brown in medium flame & keep aside OR dry roast the cashews in case of not using ghee.
2. In a same pan fry the seviyan/semiya until golden brown and keep aside OR dry roast the seviya in case of not using ghee.
3. Add boiled milk to seviyan and cook in medium flame until it starts to boil, add sugar, condensed milk and stir well to mix.
4. Cook for 3-4 mins until seviya gets soft on medium flame, add half of cashew, raisins, cardamom powder, give a gentle stir and off flame.
5. Garnish with remaining nuts. Serve warm or cold.
~ You can cook semiya in water and then add milk, this way semiya doesn't get thicker very fast.
~ You can skip condensed milk if you wish.
~ Normally payasam tends to get thicker once it cools down, you may add boiled milk again and stir while serving.
~ Add few stands of saffron for richer kheer.
~ I used less than 1/2 cup of sugar, adjust sugar according to taste.
Other few recipes you can try for Eid Dawaat.
Bada | Vada
Almond Pistachio Milk
Paneer Butter Masala
Chicken Rasa Curry
Chicken Cashew Masala
Mughlai Mutton Masala
Fruit Trifle Pudding
Apple Compote Financiers
Mango Tutti Frutti Cake
Have a nice day ~~