Mango Sago Pudding Recipe | Mango Recipes
But then it was again a dark, cloudy day as it's been for past few weeks in here so didn't get the pictures I wanted it to be, now don't think cloudy means we are having good weather it's still hot and humid as always. This year all my mango batches not giving me nice yellow color that's why you can see the mango lassi, mango kulfi with shades of light yellow and it did happen with this mango sago too though all the mangoes used from different batches but somehow I got the same result. If you try this recipe you might get nice deep yellow color looking pudding and not pale yellow like mine and why if, you should try this mango sago it's easy, quick with minimal ingredients and taste really delicious, DH whom doesn't like sago also eat this without complain every time I make. So before we say good bye mangoes this year try this mango sago pudding.
Sago Mango Recipe Pudding RecipeAuthor: Priti
Category: Dessert - Pudding
Prep Time: 5 Minutes + 1 hour Soaking Time
Total time: 25 Minutes
Ripen Mango - 1 Large or Pulp 2 Cups
Sago/Sabudana - 1/4 Cup
Milk - 1 Cup
Condensed Milk - 1/2 Cup
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp [if required]
1. Soak washed sago for an hour and rinse again 3-4 times in water. Peel mango and chop in pieces, reserve few pieces for garnishing.
~ My mango was very ripen so it become all pulpy...I used another mango for garnishing.
2. Meanwhile boil milk and simmer for 10 minute or until it reduce to 3/4 to 1/2 cup and allow to cool.
3. In a pan boil 2 cups of water and add sago cook for 5-6 minutes or until sago gets cooked and becomes translucent.
4. Drain excess water through a strainer and rinse well under tap water so sago doesn't get sticks together.
5. In a mixer or blender add milk, mango pieces, condensed milk, sugar if using) for 2-3 minutes or until everything gets combine and becomes smooth puree.
6. In a large bowl combine together cooked sago and mango, milk puree and mix well.
7. Chill for 2-3 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish with mango pieces before serving.
- In original recipe evaporated milk and sugar are used, since I normally don't buy evaporated milk I used condensed milk.
- You can add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder for extra flavor, I do that some times.
- If you don' get fresh mango you can use canned mango pulp.
Other Sago (sabudana) Recipes you might like