Beetroot Sooji (Rava) Halwa | Easy Halwa Recipes
Beetroot or Cukandara as known is hindi is one of the wonder vegetables and my favorite too, weekly 1-2 times I make beets as it's available all through the year here in Singapore. If you want to try something different halwa than this combination works very good of beetroot and sooji.
Beetroot Sooji Halwa or Beetroot Suji Halwa is similar to sooji halwa recipe with added benefits of beetroot. This halwa is easy to prepare than beetroot halwa and taste delicious too. Sooji adds texture and volume to this halwa making it more appealing. Most of the time I do this beetroot and sooji halwa than beetroot halwa. As festive season is in high spirits now so sharing this easy and delicious halwa recipe with you all.
During this festive session this halwa recipes comes handy to celebrate any festival or for Naivedyam. You can also try this for coming Karwa Chauth too as this colorful halwa goes well with Karwa Chauth color theme too, for people working on theme party it's very good option.
For Naivedyam or dessert or even for breakfast you can prepare this easy halwa or try even for Diwali if you look for something easy and different. I made this beetroot sooji halwa for Naivedyam for one the pooja day.
Other Halwa Recieps you can check
- Beetroot Halwa
- Lapsi | Broken Wheat Halwa
- Seb (Apple) Sooji Halwa
- Sooji (Rava) Halwa
- Sweet Potato Halwa
- Wheat (Tirunelveli) Halwa
Beetroot Sooji (Rava) Halwa RecipeEasy and delicious halwa made with beetroot, sooji (semolina) and dry fruits.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||5 to 6|
- 3/4 Cup - Sooji/Rava/Semolina
- 3 Cups - Grated Beetroot or 2 Medium
- 1 1/2 Cups - Water
- 1 3/4 Cups - Sugar
- 4 tbsp - Ghee
- 12-14 - Halved Cashews nuts
- 1/2 tbsp - Raisins
- 10 - Almonds (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp - Fresh Cardamom Powder
- Peel, wash and grate beetroot.
- In a pan or wok heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast sooji/rava until light brown and frangant around 5 minutes in medium flame with continous stirring, remove roated rava in another plate and keep aside.
- In the same wok heat 1 tsp ghee add sliced almonds, cashews and roast until it start to get brown, now add raisins and saute for 20-30 seconds, take out roasted dry fruits and keep aside.
- Add remaining ghee to wok and add grated beetroot roast in low to medium flame until beets gets cooked and strink to half of quantity, keep stirring in regular intervals around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add roasted sooji (semolina) mix well and saute for a min in low flame.
- Add water, sugar and mix well and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook for 5 minute in low to medium flame, water will be absorb almost by now and looks something like below picture.
- Stir well and cook for a 1 to 2 minutes without cover until halwa becomes dry, add cardamom powder, roasted nuts and mix well, off flame.
Colorful, delicious beetroot sooji halwa to relish.
Halwa recipes,beetroot sooji halwa recipe, easy halwa recipe,rava beetroot halwa recipe,diwali halwa recipe, naivedyam recipes,semolina beetroot pudding,halwa,beetroot rava halwa,