Broccoli Beans Stirfry (Thoran, Poriyal) | Broccoli Recipe
Broccoli poriyal/thoran or stir fry is very common in our place and I do most of the time stir fry with broccoli and this time I added beans with broccoli for this broccoli beans stir fry, thoran or poriyal whatever we may call it. After all the diwali recipes, a much needed break from all the sweets and savory snacks is with this healthy and delicious stir fry.
I added peanuts which added very good crunch to this stir fry though this is optional but add peanut and try it you will like it too, also you can do same with only broccoli or only beans it taste yum either way. Or you can also try almost similar my broccoli carrot thoran.
Enjoy this healthy and delicious way of eating broccoli, other broccoli recipe you can check.
Broccoli Beans (Thoran/Poriyal) Stirfry RecipeEasy, healthy Broccoli, beans stir fry, poriyal or thoran.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||South Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||2 to 3|
- 300gms/3 Cups (florets) - Broccoli
- 15-18 - Beans
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Grated Coconut
- 2 tps - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 4-5- Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp - Peanuts [optional]
- Cut both ends of beans and finely chop it. Finely cut broccoli stems and cut florests in small piceses.
- In a pan or wok heat oil add mustard, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add cury leaves, urad dal, peanuts and saute until peanuts becomes golden brown.
- Add beans and broccoli stems and cook in medium flame until both gets almost cooked around 4-5 mins.
- Add red chili, turmeric powders, salt and mix well. Add broccoli, stir well and cook.
- Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes in medium flame or until broccoli gets cooked.
- Add grated coconut, mix well and off flame.
Healthy broccoli beans stir fry to relish with anything.
broccoli stirfry, broccoli recipes,broccoli beans stirfry, broccoli beans poriyal recipe,broccoli beans thoran recipe, beans recipe, healthy recipe, side dish for dal, sambar, rasam, broccoli