Methi Thepla | Gujarati Methi Thepla Recipe
These theplas are also good way to include fresh methi leaves in our diet and specially to make kids eat methi leaves. We can also have it as snack during tea time and personally I love to dip any paratha in tea and eat then to have it curd or pickle :) this is from childhood and continue to have same habit. If you don't have methi then just make it as plain thepla which I have already posted, or you can also add grated dudhi/luaki to make dudhi/bottlegourd thepla another great thepla variety.
Methi Thepla is popular Gujarati flat bread or paratha made mostly for breakfast. Methi thepla is one of those paratha we can have it as breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunch box and it's perfect for travelling as thepla stays good for 2-3 days if handle properly and it goes well with just a pickle makes it more interesting for travelling or to have as quick breakfast or dinner. Methi thepla is one of the favorite recipe and it used to regular tiffin box during our school days.
Theplas are good lunch box recipe and it's stay soft for long time and taste remains same too. For kids you can apply some jam, nutella and roll thepla for them to eat it in easy way. If you haven't tried thepla yet then it's time you should give a try too.
You can also check other Paratha recipes
- Aloo Gobi Paratha
- Ajwain Mirch Paratha
- Spring Onion Paratha
- Sweet Potato Paratha
- Plain Thepla
- Chana Dal Poori
Methi Thepla RecipePopular Gujarati flat bread made with fresh fenugreek leaves, flour and spices.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 Cups - Wheat Flour/Atta
- 1 Cup - Gram Flour/Besan
- 2 Cups - Fresh Fenugreek Leaves/Methi
- 1 tsp - Chili-Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp - Yogurt/Curd/Dahi
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- To Taste - Salt
- To Roast Theplas - Oil/Ghee
- Rinse well and chop methi leaves (if using small variety of leaves then don't have to chop). In a large bowl add flour, besan, cumin powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili-ginger paste, salt, oil and methi leaves mix well to combine everything. Add curd and knead to smooth dough, add 2-3 tbsp of water if required.
- Methi will leave water by itself so go slow on water, if the dough becomes sticky then add little of wheat flour and knead again. Cover dough with a damp clean cloth and keep aside for 15-20 mins, after add 1 tsp oil and knead again dough for a minute.
- Divide dough into 10-12 portions and make medium size balls, flatten it and dust with flour. Roll this into thin disc or roti.
- Heat a tawa or pan and place thepla on it, when small bubbles starts to appear flip thepla and apply oil or ghee. Now flip thepla again and apply oil/ghee. Roast both sides till small brown patches or bubbles appears and thepla gets cooked. Repeat same for rest of dough.
- You can also add 1/2 tsp carom (ajwain) seeds.
- You can replace curd with water too and specially if you want vegan version.
- Roast thepla with ghee for rich, yummy methi theplas.
- These theplas stays good for 2 days, pack only after thepla cools down completely if you packing it for travelling.
Ever green, easy and yummy methi thepla.
methi thepla recipe, how to make methi thepla,gujarati thepla recipe,methi na thepla,easy thepla recipe,lunch box recipes,methi thepla