Pepper Murukku | Easy Murukku Recipe | Diwali Snacks Recipes
More than Kara Sev I make this pepper murukku during Diwali or for evening snacks and this time too I made this during diwali last year but I didn't manage to post this recipe among all other things and finally I am happy to share this easy and yummy recipe during Holi now.
Pepper Murukku or Kalimrich Chakli is one of those rare murukku recipe that is difficult to find these days in store where kara sev has become more popular. I always liked pepper murukku than usual mullu murukku or for any other murukku since it's spicy, crunchy and with a cup of tea or coffee it's just amazing. If you like spicy snacks then this pepper murukku fits your bill perfectly and during any festive it's great to have and share too.
I have used besan along with rice flour while some people use fried gram flour with both flour taste of murukku differs a bit but nothing drastic so you don't have to worry or better try once with besan and another time with fried gram flour :). If you use single hole murukku disc then it's almost looks like kara sev too.
Try this easy and quick murukku during holi and share with friends, family too for great festive spirit. Or to have with your evening tea/coffee it's wonderful snack too. You can also try Besan Muruuku recipe.
You can also check other Holi special recipes
- Dry Fruits Burfi
- Sooji (Rava) Ladoo
- Gulab Jamun
- Dudh (Milk) Peda
- Besan Sev
- Poha Mixture
- Chakli (Muruku)
- Namak Para
Pepper Murukku (Chakli) RecipeSpicy and easy pepper murukku perfect snack for any festival like Diwali, Holi etc
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 Cups - Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup - Besan or Fried Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp - Freshly Crushed Peppercorn
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1/4 tsp - Asafoetida Powder/Hing
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder [optional]
- 3 to 4 tbsp - Soften Butter or Hot Oil
- To Taste - Salt
- As Needed - Water
- For Deep Frying - Oil
- Sieve rice flour, besan or gram flour ( I used besan) in a large bowl. Add hot oil or butter (what ever you are using), salt, turmeric powder, freshly crushed pepper, cumin seeds, hing and mix everything well. Add water in small quantity to to make a stiff dough without any cracks.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wok, meanwhile fill murukku press 3/4 with prepared dough, use murukku plate (disc) or you can use any other plate (disc) that you liked too, I tried this flower disc. Press in hot oil in large circles. Don't make too many layers, two layers are fine. Fry in medium heat both sides till the bubbles and ‘shhhh’sounds ceases. ~ Drain in paper towel and break roughly into pieces.
- You can use fried gram (pottukadalai/dalia) powder instead of besan.
- Use any other murukku disc or plate, whatever that you like.
- You can also make this in small round murukku instead of making it into large and breaking into pieces.
- Using freshly crushed pepper is the best option.
- Use oil instead of butter for vegan version.
Crunchy, spicy pepper murukku perfect with cup of tea or coffee.
pepper murukku recipe, murukku recipe, diwali recipes, diwali snacks recipes, holi recipes, chakli recipe,deepavali murukku recipe, snacks, spicy murukku recipe, easy murukku recipe, murukku